SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cc2016

My odd shaped laundry room isn't working, need advice please!

cc2016
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I recently bought a new washer, dryer set. My problem is the new set is larger and therefore is cutting into the space I used for line drying my clothes (and I hang a lot of clothes to dry). I used to have the old appliances side by side and had a drying line that ran the length of the room, past the windows. With the new washer and dryer I could not hang clothes next to the machines since they extended right to the wall. I have tried stacking the appliances which gives me more room but I don't like the look. If I could find a way to use the remainder of the space in the room better I may be convinced to leave them stacked. I need advice on how to incorporate a drying line (ideally with out blocking the windows), hide the laundry baskets and work an ironing board system in. Currently I take this big ironing board out in the hallway. Also these cabinets are so high I can only reach the first shelf so I would be happy to lose them and find another storage solution. This little, odd shaped room is perplexing me and I have googled laundry room designs countless times but can't find a solution The back wall where the windows are has a gentle curve, and the side with the sink narrows practically to the size of the sink cabinet making things that much trickier. Help me please find something that works.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County