SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindaohnowga

Raven, it's Feb. 7...did you close on the house?

6 years ago

And have you started moving in? I've not seen you around, so I am guessing you've been very busy, at least I hope so and that you aren't sick. Check in please.

Comments (46)

• 6 years ago

I came looking for the same thing, Linda!

• Related Discussions

I'll Show You Mine if You Show Me Yours Tues Feb 19

Q

Comments (7)
    I thought I was going to have to sit this one out until I remembered a commercial flight from Boston to Rockland, Maine on a small airline, with small planes. Here's the plane: Here's the inside of the plane: Climbing up out of Boston: Over the coast of Maine: Coming into the Rockland Airport: Then on the way home I got to sit in the co-pilot's seat. Great I thought, there will be more leg room. There was ... slightly ... except there were pedals down there that if you bump them, the plane does something, and there was this thing in front of me that also would make the plane do something. Coming around on approach to Boston, you can see another plane ahead of us. About to touchdown:
    ...See More

I'll Show You Mine if You Show Me Yours Fri Feb 20

Q

Comments (15)
    I am struck by the similarity of the photo that Gazania posted and several i took this week. The birds enjoyed the berries on the holly and left lots of little berry packages on the newly fallen snow. I thought the birds were robins because they have a red breast, but now that I see Gazania's photo I am not so sure. What do you think mourning dove, robin, or other?
    ...See More

Raven, thinking of you.

Q

Comments (73)
    I should submit some pictures. They ask for stories about dangers. I should submit about the county not clearing the drainage and drains. Oh this happened yesterday. One of my neighbors was so upset about flooding again because the drainage ditches have not been cleared, she called the county and asked again for them to come out, we have all done that numerous times with no response, so when they told her they would put her on their list (normal answer). She said OK well if someone is not here at my house within the hour I am calling every news channel and reporting why we keep flooding and have them come out so they can see what we are constantly dealing with. They had two trucks at her house in 30 minutes. They cleaned her ditches and left! Did not touch any of ours. My husband was actually running after the truck to stop them and they just kept going. The civic club is going down there in person to present a letter notifying them of their lack of response to the community and our continued flooding because of their lack of response and to be prepared for legal action unless the situation is corrected immediately and continued monitoring and maintenance is done.
    ...See More

I'll Show You Mine if You Show Me Yours Wed Feb 15

Q

Comments (26)
    For Summer's Mom I was very close to my Mom and losing her was very painful. My Mom was big into sewing and crafting, and I found great comfort and a way to spend time "with her" by spending time doing the things we loved to do together. A gal I knew was getting married so I offered to make her veil. I know my Mom was with me helping me in my project and employing the skills that she taught me over all the years helped me feel so close to her.
    ...See More
  • 6 years ago

Glad to hear you'll have a home again. :) Remember we're all with you in spirit as you work thru the move. Wish I could be there to help in person. Once you're in, sit back, have a glass of wine, and enjoy your new home.

• 6 years ago

Great news for you!

• 6 years ago

Raven, I can imagine the rain does cause you distress, your DH too. So sorry. Sending you a hug. “Rain, rain, go away....”

• 6 years ago

You are almost there. "Knowing you" I am sure that you will focus on the positive and relegate the negative along with the blues to outer space or beyond. The sun will shine one way or another.

• 6 years ago

Your getting a BEAUTIFUL home! Think positive thoughts till your sleeping in your own bed in your own bedroom....just close your eyes and visualize it.

• 6 years ago

I am so happy that you will again have your own home. Hugs and prayers coming your way.

• 6 years ago

I don't know if you'd be interested, but around here U-Haul has people you can hire to help you move in. I hope it all goes smoothly and somehow, dryly!

• 6 years ago

Thanks for checking in Raven. Praying the rain stops and you get help moving. Also hope you can get your internet set up quickly, but yes, we all know how that can go.

• 6 years ago

Send us the rain, Raven. We will take it off your hands. California is into another drought. Hope all goes well and you can settle into your cozy new home.

• 6 years ago

Happy for you. Good luck on the move.

• 6 years ago

Wishing you a safe and speedy move . Hope rain will let up a bit while you get things in your new home.

• 6 years ago

We have started moving in! Look who is ready to go in the new house...

Sunny Bella!

• 6 years ago

I saw this on Facebook this morning and went... are you kidding me?

The rain we have had lately is miserable because it is combined with colder weather and chills to the bone.

I hope you are able you are able to overcome the stress and enjoy your new home.

• 6 years ago

Great news that you're Moving In! Do Not exhaust yourselves. There is no need to rush this time. Your new 'ark' will keep you high and dry.

BTW, it is raining here on Maui, too. Our condo is in an area the Hawaiians called "Kamaole". That means barren, and it's called that because it's so DRY here. We've also had a week of VOG from the volcano on Big Island.

• 6 years ago

Yay!!! Pics galore please when you can.

• 6 years ago

Omg we are both exhausted. We got a lot moved. My husband did all the moving, and I was unpacking and putting away. Tomorrow we will have a few helpers. It's looking good. Today was a very nice day weather wise. Rain is supposed to start again soon. It is still cold for here. Tomorrow night we will be sleeping in our new bed! Mia got to go to her new house today. She just kept running around and sniffing like. We saw a very big beautiful gray cat that looked like a Maine coon cat. The house may come with a kitty lol. Mia would love that.

lindaohnowga thanked ravencajun Zone 8b TX
  • 6 years ago

So happy for you .

• 6 years ago

So very happy for you. I've been following your journey and have great admiration for your perseverance.

• 6 years ago

Sleep well and wake energized for that final push to get moved in! You won't know what to do with that much space :-)

• 6 years ago

Sunny Bella looks right at home. How cute that Mia is being an explorer and that you just might have inherited a big cat with the house. Please get some rest, Raven, and your hubby too. Still praying that the rain holds off until you can get everything moved in.

• 6 years ago

I am so happy for you, Raven!

Adellabedella, what dolt came up with that chart?! It has rained non stop here for days. I am in mud up to my ass! I went to the barn and got stuck in the mud so deep that I couldn't pull my foot up. I finally pulled my foot out and stepped in the horse stall, where it is dry, thank goodness, and had to wait for Jody to come home to pull my boot out of the mud. I could have walked barefoot to the house but the mud would have been almost knee deep.

The house I was looking at sold, so started looking around for a house out of the area. Hard to find a house with enough land for all my horses around here.

Raven, I understand the PTSD you get when it rains. Even though I am not used to being flooded, it makes me very uneasy. I have vowed that this will be my last winter here....one way or another, I am leaving.

lindaohnowga thanked marilyn_c
  • 6 years ago

Thanks everyone! Marilyn I just know you will find your new place soon. Look how quickly it fell into place for us after looking and looking. The freaking mud is rediculous! I told my cleaning ladies to come tomorrow prepared to clean those wood floors. They helped me pack up everything in Freedom and they are coming tomorrow to help put everything in place. And they are refusing to let me pay them. They told me I am their favorite person and it was just not fair what happened to us. They are a treasure!

I fixed dinner, ate a little, laid on the couch to watch TV and fell asleep. I woke up at 7 pm. I look at my husband he was asleep in his chair and Mia was too. I said this is rediculous I am going to bed. So Mia and I got to the bed and just fell in and bam right to sleep, coma sleep lol. I woke up and got under the covers so did Mia. Bam right to sleep! I have not been sleeping at all lately. Maybe an hour or two a night. I can't tell you how wonderful it was to sleep! So now I am awake again, bathroom break, and hopefully I'll be able to sleep well the rest of the night. But man that was some awesome sleep! Maybe the load on my brain has lightened enough to allow me to start to feel better. Exhaustion is not a good look! I have big bags under my eyes for the first time in my life. I think this sleeping will help that.

Do the no rain dance for all of us in the Houston area!

• 6 years ago

Congratulations!

• 6 years ago

Praying for the rain to stop in the Houston area for you AND for Marilyn, and praying that Marilyn can find a new place too.

Marilyn, I'm sorry that the place you really liked has sold but maybe that was just meant to be and a better place will be found.

• 6 years ago

I'm so happy that you're in your new home!!!! You're going to be in heaven after living in Freedom for so long. (both times)

Marilyn, hopefully that was 'meant to be'. Like Raven, hers fell through and she got this one. We all wish that for you, and that it happens soon!

lindaohnowga thanked Jasdip
  • 6 years ago

Thank you. I have found another one I like even more....it has been for sale since July....I just hope it holds off selling a little bit longer. Had a realtor and appraiser out today. They really liked the place....however, Jody told them to wear boots and the realtor had on a pair of really nice black suede boots...not rubber boots, and the appraiser had on a pair of dress shoes. They couldn't walk down to the bayou like that, so they are coming back in a week or so. They could see the land we have for sale across the road and they liked that very much. Meanwhile, I am going to send her some pictures....and hope that spring hurries. This is a beautiful place in the spring and summer and fall. In the winter, it just looks forlorn.....or, maybe that is me....I look and feel forlorn! ;)

• 6 years ago

Marilyn, I hope the house that hasn't sold since July will still be available as soon as you can get your place sold and I sure hope the realtor can get your place sold quickly. You, Jody, and the animals need OUT of there. When you do move, "how" will you move all of the animals? Every night I've been praying for you that everything works out and I will continue. My prayers were answered for Raven and I have complete faith that they will be answered for you too.

• 6 years ago

Oh my God exhausted! All of the furniture is in the house. My furniture guy is so awesome. He got here this morning with a truck load and went to hauling and assembling. My bedroom set is much bigger than I thought it would be! But it is so beautiful. It's the first time I ever had a real bedroom set. The couch he bought me is so much nicer than the pictures. And it came with all the throw pillows. Everything I ordered is just perfect. We have not finished with everything yet. Our incredible recliners that do everything but rock you to sleep also arrived today. Everyone had to take a turn in them. I keep saying they are soft as buttah! My great cleaning ladies spent the day with me cleaning and putting things away. It was a great day and the rain held off till after the furniture arrived. Only one glitch, the Samsung front loader washer like mine is giving an error code that it's not getting water. All lines are attached and on. It could be some of the little mesh in line filters are clogged. We turned on the kitchen faucet to hot water and suddenly it looked like oil coming out of the line it was black! I guess letting it set it built up sludge. After running for a few minutes it cleared right up. So some of that could be in the washer filters. Mr. Retired Raven has a project!

As soon as everything is assembled and ready I will get pictures. I am so happy how it's turned out. I will admit that the den is very full of furniture. That used leather set I found is big stuff!

Marilyn I have you in my positive thoughts!

Mia is a little freaked out. But she knows exactly where her kennel is and her heated bed and our bed lol. Oh and her chicken!

• 6 years ago

I'm soooo glad you're in and fairly settled, Raven! It sounds like you had lots of help (good!) and that all went as planned, including a let-up of the rain when the furniture was being moved in. Have a really good rest tonight, ok?

Marilyn, I wish you speedy good luck in selling your place and finding the perfect spot for you, Jody and your menagerie. A little prayer for you, too.

• 6 years ago

Great news!

Marilyn, keeping my fingers crossed for you.

• 6 years ago

It's great that you all are in! Did I hear correctly that the Mister has retired?

• 6 years ago

PKponder, I saw that too. Raven, did your hubby retire? I know he was planning on it. If so, I wish him a happy retirement. I'm so glad that the rain held off so all of the furniture could be moved in and that you had lots of help, including your wonderful cleaning ladies. I'm glad that Mia knows where her "chicken" is. LOL

• 6 years ago

Thank you for your good thoughts and prayers. Moving the animals will just require loading them up and going. Emery and Gypsy will be a problem but with Emery's friends, the fillies and Snoop, he will load and I think Gypsy will load with her bff, Sabrina, the mule. They are closely bonded and I think she will load with her. If necessary, we will build a chute and they won't have any option but to load. We will have to make several trips to move them. I wouldn't want them crowded together, even if we had a big trailer that would haul them all at once.

• 6 years ago

I'm glad they can all be trailered. What about the dogs and cats and any other animals?

• 6 years ago

Me Raven was hoping he was retiring a day or two after our visit. I am happy to see that he was finally able to! So happy to see the move is accomplished.

Marillyn im glad you are planning ahead. Prayers continue. How is Jody doing?

• 6 years ago

Dogs will ride in the stock trailer....cats in carriers. They will be the last things moved....we will have to take many trips to move everything. Including my collection of old concrete water troughs! ;)

Tami, Jody is doing okay. He went to see the asbestosis lawyers and they were happy.....said he has the worst case they have seen in quite awhile....I think they said two years. Good for them....bad for him....except, he is getting along okay. He just can't exert himself very much. He is going to get some money out of it....don't know how much. My brother in law had it, and not as bad as Jody, and he died....not necessarily from that but he had cancer that did spread to his lungs. Sis in law got $22,000 from them last year. They still send the money, even tho he died.

• 6 years ago

Yes Hubby retired on January 31 st and he is happy to be a free man lol. He has been so busy with the move he hasn't been able to enjoy it much. He surprised me. He came home and said well I told them I am retiring. I said OK when? He said in 2 days! I nearly choked. His boss did too.

• 6 years ago

Marilyn I'm glad Jody is doing ok. I know it will be hard for him to start doing things slowly and asking for help. I'm glad your ail got $$ and that Jody will to. Not the best, but at least something good came from it.

Raven tell Mr Raven congratulations!

• 6 years ago

Sure thing! How are y'all doing? Still on the road? I had lunch with my neighbors at cracker barrel the other day and thought of all of y'all! We sure enjoyed the time we all spent together.

• 6 years ago

It was fun. We were coming back from Centerville last night, and I thought about you all when we passed the Cracker Barrel. Tami, Jody hasn't gotten any money from it yet, but they will send checks out at various times. We had to go to Bastrop and though it was out of the way, did a drive by, of the house I like. The road to the house was awesome....one lane asphalt, that twisted and turned up and down and around hills. Through woods where the trees arched over head and past little ranches. Probably hard to navigate when there is ice....Centerville is colder than here, but I don't care....I would be happy to stay home.

• 6 years ago

Marilyn, I sure hope and pray that you can get your house sold and be able to buy that place in Centerville. Keep us posted.

• 6 years ago

Yes, we are. We are just now leaving Bakersfield CA

• 6 years ago

Raven, I am so very happy to hear that you are getting settled in your new home. Makes for happy times and celebrations.

• 6 years ago

Thanks! I am happy too! Tired and aching but getting a lot accomplished.

Marilyn that sounds perfect. I am a home body these days too and with a beautiful place like that it would be a pleasure to be at home. I am just fine sitting here in my new recliner.