SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vinmarks

Help with changing out a whole house sediment filter

vinmarks
6 years ago

This is all new for us and just wanted to get some guidance to make sure I don't mess this up. I've included pictures of our set up.

We have 2 pipes coming up from the slab. One goes directly to tankless heater. The other goes to diaphragm pump and up to water filter. There is a lever right after the brass fittings by the pump and another lever after the water filter. I have a general idea what to do. Can anyone give me a sequence in how to go about this.

I looked and there is no way to just shut off water at the filter. Do we shut off lever by the pump first and then the one after the filter? Theres a red button on the water filter. Is this some sort of pressure release and do we need to use that? Theres some kind of spigot on the diaphragm pump. Do we do anything with that?

I know we use that white tool to get the housing off filter. Remove filter and then wash out holder. Grease o-ring and put filter back in and tighten housing back on. Then which lever do we turn back on first and do we leave water running somewhere? Also can someone tell me what the round gadget that says reset and whirlpool on it is for?

Comments (5)