SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andie325

Help me light up my entryway/foyer!

Andie
6 years ago

Good Morning! In the never ending saga of lighting up a low ceiling house, I am now working on curating a light fixture for our entry/foyer. The space is approximately 5'x6' and gets some natural light from the window in the front door, however, we use a lamp on that console table currently to help out with lighting in that area. As you can see from the picture, we have low 8' ceilings and a typical 80" front door. The current light fixture is an ugly, eyesore boob light that we put there in the interim until we can determine what would look good in that space.

We just replaced our hallway ceiling lights with low profile, thin, 13" LED flush mounts that blend into the ceiling, almost like large recessed cans, but nearly flush to the ceiling. They give great light. However, I feel like the entryway/foyer is the lead into our home and should probably have some sort of light fixture that makes a statement or at least has some sort of character to it.... Our home's style is transitional-transitional-contemporary, I guess? Sort of Pottery Barn like, maybe? I do love those pendant style lanterns, but I know that the ceiling height is not really amenable to having much of anything hanging down. I have about 15"-16" max clearance before I run into having problems with bumping into the door.. maybe could go to 16.5 if I had to.

We just replaced all of our trim and doors with white, all of the other fixtures and doorknobs, etc. are all brushed nickel, so something close or near to that would be great. Looking at this picture it looks like the next big project will be to replace all of the switches in the house to white. haha.

Anyway- any suggestions on a possible light fixture for this space that won't break the bank? I've been to the big box stores and I don't love anything I've seen there that I think can go in the space and I've seen SOME i like online, but of course, I can't see how they look in a room....

Also, would preferably like to stay under $200 for a fixture! Thanks y'all!!

Comments (2)