SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dirtymartini_gw

help with my entrance way/foyer (pictures)

dirtymartini
14 years ago

Hi! I have not posted much lately...we are at a standstill with our renovations due to financial constraints as well as time constraints (my DH is doing all the work himself.) Even in the rooms that are done with renovations...I don't have any extra cash to decorate!!!

This is the entrance way to our house. Directly behind that wall is the back of my walk in pantry. To the left is a large room with flagstone flooring. It is our dining room/living room. On the right is a very short"hall" that leads into the kitchen (to the left) and the family room (to the right.) Baseboards are still not finished in all the rooms.

Our front doors are french doors. So this entrance way is viewd as you walk up the walkway before entering. Just thought I would add that!

The console table is a heavy duty, old piece that was given to me. I put a table runner on it that I just purchased from Pier One. That bust of a woman is made up of nuts...you know, nuts as in "nuts and bolts?" There is probably a more technical term, but I don't know it! :) I really like modern mixed with old.

Anyway...what kind of art on the wall...I was thinking something huge and modern? What else should I put on the table top? I am thinking BIG things. I like BIG accessories, I detest knick knacks. Maybe a funky lamp? Huge candles?

Tell me if you think the table runner does not work...I can still return it!

I also considered doing something cool on the wall...like that updated wood poneling that I have seen recently...the horizontal stuff? Or papering it with grasscloth? Should I just paint it? I am not really a fan of "accent walls" though. If we were to paint, it would be the whole room (entrance/dining/living) but honestly, right now DH has so many things to do I hate to ask him to paint again. We decided on this color (like a navajo white) as a compromise as we just could not agree on what color to paint the walls!

Anyway, sorry so long. Thanks for any help you can give!

Here is a link that might be useful: picture 1

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County