SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_24200779

Maman Cochet-how bad does it ball?

User
6 years ago

Somebody on the forum complained about Maman Cochet's tendency to ball (if memory serves me). My question is: just how bad is it? Basically, I grow roses for their spring flush -my garden here in Tuscany, Italy (about a zone 8) does not have running water, so the plants have to rely on the rains of fall and winter for irrigation; what's more, by the end of spring it just gets to be too hot here to be conducive to garden enjoyment. These factors add up to a situation where I decidedly prefer roses that are able to bloom well fairly early in the season. Now, this is Italy: in general a hot, dry climate,but spring (bless it!) can bring dampish,coolish weather here, too, at times, so I'd prefer to avoid a rose that can only hope to have beautiful flowers if the weather is perfectly dry. I can easily close an eye to some occaisional shows of "temper",but I have no desire ever again to try to cope with a loathsome diva like E. Veyrat Hermanos! I'd love to hear from people in as many climates as possible, of course!

Comments (10)