SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angela_smith7792

Fallen into rustic, need to get back to transitional (living room)

Angela Smith
6 years ago

We have been in our new construction home about six weeks and I am starting to get close on having our great room complete. The fireplace mantle is a 100-year-old barn would beam that we restored. We then had a sliding barn door door media console made - in the same color/finish as the beam (top) and the bottom is SW Dover White. I selected white because I thought it would tie in nicely to the white cabinets in the kitchen. Now that it is here, I am feeling like I am falling into a little bit too rustic when I prefer a transitional style, also ok with 'modern rustic'. Repainting the tv stand is not an option at this point.

I do not think all hope is lost! In the big open space opposite the chairs, a love seat in the same color and arm style (sloped track arm) as the chairs will be arriving soon. **I need help selecting transitional style end tables, a console table for behind the sofa And a cocktail ottoman. I could also use some help with lamps, also open to help with window treatments (big windows are west facing)** Bonus points for product links! Thank you!

(PS- the TV is being upgraded to a larger size and will be mounted on the wall)

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!