SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephanieinstandrews

Kitchen design elements. Would love some thoughts!

Stephanie Turner
6 years ago

My husband and I just ordered a manufactured home to be delivered in the spring. It's a modest home. Our lot is 3/4 acres with a water view in a small town in Atlantic Canada. This will be our summer home for a few years and we will eventually retire there. The styles that appeal to me are craftsman, shaker and "farmhouse". I prefer natural materials in muted neutral tones.

The counters will be large format (36"x36") porcelain tile. I know tile counters are not popular on this forum but I have always had tiile counters and I love them.... economical, functionals and can be very beautiful!

I would espcially like advice on pendant lights over island and flooring. My husband does not like hardwood flooring in the kitchen or tile that looks like hardwood flooring. He does not have strong opinions on much so I will give him this ;-)

Here is what we have so far. The home will be delivered with white trim and all of the walls painted the manufacturer's color "Snowflake White" which is very close to BM Dune White. This obviously can be changed fairly easily after we move in if we find it doesn't work.

I like the idea of a floor tile that looks like concrete. The one below may be too cool a grey but something in this color value is what I going for. I don't want the floor to be too light because then the grout will be a pain to keep clean. I don't want to go too dark because the cabinets are already quite dark. Should I go with more of a tan colour on the floor to bring out the tan in the counter?

Lighting ideas...

I realize that design is largely a matter of taste but would love some feedback! Other than the cabinet color (which would be difficult to change now). I'm open to ideas. Different knobs? The pottery pendant shades comes in a beautiful turquoise... do I need a pop of color?

Sincerely,

Stephanie

Comment (1)