SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Not exactly Red Velvet Cookies...

annie1992
6 years ago

OK, is it just me or do other people start a recipe just KNOWING that they have an ingredient, and then realize they don't have that ingredient at all?

This was a new recipe that Ashley wanted to try, she just loves red velvet cakes, cookies, doughnuts, whatever. So, Red Velvet Cream Cheese cookies, that seems very Christmas-y, all red and stuff, let's do it!

I get all ingredients in the mixer and get ready to add red food coloring. What do you mean I have only 3 drops of red food coloring? Must have been the frosting for Santa cookies. OK, we'll make them green. But I want them GREEN, not army green, and I don't think I have that much green either. Maybe we should make them blue, we have lots of that. It's perfect, another color on the cookie plate and I have LOTS of blue food coloring.

Does everyone else also know that blue food coloring when mixed with cocoa flavored cookie dough turns green. And not a pretty green either. No matter how much blue food coloring I added, it didn't get better, and so our cookies are green. Army green. (sigh)

Elery said they reminded him of one of the old Hostess chocolate cupcakes, not very chocolate-y, but lightly chocolate with that cake texture. We put extra filling in them because, well, you know.

They are actually very good, even though they aren't Red Velvet, or Blue Velvet, or even very much Green Velvet, LOL. Maybe I should have rolled them in green sugar...

Annie

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths