SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Source for baking pans that are NOT non-stick or aluminum?

linnea56 (zone 5b Chicago)
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I have a few old steel pans that date back a few decades. They are black from years of use, except in the center. But my husband doesn’t want to use them; because he figures whatever is on them is vaporizing in the oven. Especially used in the broiler.

I’m talking about the rimmed flat pans that used to be called jelly-roll pans. I used to have big ones that were great for things like a big pan of oven-roasted potatoes, but he must have thrown them out, thinking they would be easy to replace. All I have left is 3 that are like 10” x 14” tops.

But everything I can find in stores is either non-stick or aluminum. Even the restaurant supply store a few towns over has only aluminum.

I also like the insulated baking sheets (rimless, with one end turned up for ease of grasping) for scones or cookies. I was gifted a pair years back by an aunt, but have no idea where she got them. I could use one or 2 more for when I’m really in cookie mode. In desperation I bought a pair of insulated non-stick ones: but the dark surface bakes too fast, throwing my timing off, and burns the bottoms. Insulated is not supposed to do that, but they still do. The dark coating makes the “insulation” pointless.

I would appreciate any leads. I hesitate to just use Amazon because they may be flimsy and warp in the oven. I don’t know what gauge to look for

Comments (11)