SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
originalpinkmountain

Easy casual wedding musings

l pinkmountain
6 years ago

SO and I are oldies (57 and 64) and have been in no rush to get married because we want to have a nice one, like a big fun party and the timing has not been right due to many family, location and job changes and obligations. However, I'm getting to the point where I want to chart a different life-course and I want being married to be part of it. I'm musing about whether I could pull off a big fun party but not have it take oodles and oodles of my time and money. We'd be OK with something casual. I imagine somewhere between 50-75 guests and due to us having peeps both on the East Coast and Midwest, it would be a trip for about half of the guests either way. Most of the guests would be late middle age with a few young ones and older ones. I just don't see myself doing a lot of the work due to work obligations, and I don't really have any friends to hit up, but I do have a few ideas of casual venues because I used to be a camp director and have worked for several schools and parks with wedding facilities. It's really the food and logistics that worry me the most. I think I have a friend who will marry us so I could have the wedding and reception in the same spot. I went to one wedding several years ago in a pole barn with a barbecue for the food, but they did all the decorating themselves, they were very crafty, I'm not, so that made it really nice. I'm wondering if I could find a "wedding planner" who could connect me with good food and decorations people or would they try to steer me towards the more traditional route? Do I just need to find and book a DJ, caterer and florist and let them handle it?

Anyone every pulled something like this off, a low input, high fun-output wedding? Any tips to share?

Comments (42)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida