OT......childhood Christmas memories
8 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (19)
- 8 years ago
Related Discussions
Memorial Day Dining Room Decorated w/Christmas Decor
Comments (11)Jane, so glad you are giving your foot time to heal before your next surgery. It would be awful to not have at least one good one. I had foot surgery on my right foot 12 years ago and couldn't drive for 2 months. It was a year before I could do a full run and feel comfortable. I couldn't even ride a bike for a few months.LOL DD's BDay is Jan. 14th so that's what gets me out shopping after Christmas. It's always so cold but she's so special I have to! DGD's BDay is coming soon and she wants her party here again. May get to use some of my neat dishes again.Yeah DS came down today but didn't get to see DGD. We did alot of cleaning and yard work so that worked out good. Didnd't make it to the cemetary till late this afternoon because we were so busy. We will have all the family home over the 4th so have alot to do around here to get ready. I always tease my family they come and visit to keep me on top of things. Jeanne, the small star candle holders are from Dollar Plus. The lg center one is crystal and I picked up the other two at ys. Your the reason I always light my tables. Thanks for the comments on the flowers. They look better in RL but I didn't want to go take any more pictures. I need you here to help in that dept.haha I have a bush in one of my gardens that reminds me of your honeysuckle but it's blooms are pink. I'll have to take a picture and see if you know what it is one day. Luvs, always great to hear from you. Hope you are hanging in there and finding some time for you. Will keep you in my T & P. Thanks so much Jane, Jeanne and Luvs for all your sweet comments. Punk...See MoreA Favorite Christmas Memory
Comments (8)I guess I was about three years old when someone came to the door. It was Santa bearing gifts for us. I remember peeking through the spindles of the staircase in awe. My father kept asking the jolly old man who he was and I kept saying Santa. The story goes that my dad chased him through back yards and over fences trying to find out who it was. LOL I still remember the wicker stroller and little baby doll he brought me. Shirley, your story about the jungle bells reminds me how I would walk down the hall after the kids were in bed for a while and maybe even asleep and I would jingle some bells up and down the hall. I still have the bells, in fact they are now hanging on my back door and Georgy jingles them when she wants to go out. LOL...See MoreAll-time favorite Christmas memory?
Comments (13)The year that the Cabbage doll craze was going on. People standing in line fighting for the darn things. DD was going to be the only kid on the block without one. I don't do lines. I planned to get her and DS one after Xmas when the stupidity was over. Well DH was driving home from work on Xmas eve and heard that a mattress company was having a drawing for a CP Doll so he stopped and filled out a raffle ticket. Of course he won. Now we had a dilemma. One doll and two kids. DD came in to ask what was going on. Then her eyes got wide. A Cabbage Patch Doll! Was DS getting one too? We explained that we only had the one. Without missing a beat she said we should give it to her brother. "I have lots of friends since this neighborhood is all girls. Keith doesn't have a friend of his own. This is a boy doll and he can be his friend", she said. So we wrapped him up and wrote from Santa a note explaining that Santa had found Bo Jacee at the bottom of his sleigh just as he thought he was done for the night. He saw on his list that a boy named Keith lived on ------ and didn't have any friends of his own on the block. Bo Jacee needed a friend too so Santa decided it was a perfect match. That was the Xmas I saw what my DD was made of and I knew my "off the wall" parenting style was absolutely right. DD went on to have a huge collection of Cabbage Patch Kids that following year. They practically rained down on her. LOL For those that don't remember that weird social phenomena I've posted a link. Here is a link that might be useful: The Cabbage Patch Craze...See MoreA Christmas Memory
Comments (21)My mother lived on a small farm in rural Rhode Island from the time she was three (1908) until, as my grandmother put it, "The bulls were starting to get over the fences." She was thirteen when the family moved from a house with a pump in the front yard and a wood stove. Her life on the farm was the setting of many a bedtime story for me. Her little one-room school left her over-prepared for the high school in NYC, but they held on to her until she was let go with a degree at age sixteen. My DIL teaches in Chicago. Teachers are still emptying their pockets to provide 'extras' for their students....See More- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
Related Stories

HOUZZ CALLChristmas Stockings Stuffed With Memories
The chimney-side socks may come and go, but the love they represent is constant. What’s the story behind your stocking?
Full Story
HOLIDAYSHouzz Readers Share Their Christmas Trees
Enjoy these 20 decorated trees and sweet holiday memories shared by the Houzz community
Full Story
MOST POPULARA Magical Tree House Lights Up for Christmas
From the Most Popular file: An incredible tree house takes things up a notch for the holidays. See how it came to be
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOMESimple Pleasures: Scent and Memory
Fragrant jasmine, fresh-brewed coffee, baking bread. Scents can evoke memories and bring sensory pleasure to our homes
Full Story
LIFEDo You Live in Your Childhood House?
Tell us about the home you grew up in — whether you live there now or not — and share your pictures!
Full Story
HOLIDAYSCollecting Christmas Ornaments That Speak to the Heart
Crafted by hand, bought on vacation or even dug out of the discount bin, ornaments can make for a special holiday tradition
Full Story
HOLIDAYSHouzz Call: Show Us Your Christmas Tree!
We’d love to see how you make your tree your own. Please show us your best photo and tell us about your traditions
Full Story
CHRISTMAS TREESShow Us Your Merry and Bright Christmas Tree
Fa la ooh la la! As we dash through the snow toward the holiday, we want to see your decked-out tree
Full Story
HOUZZ CALLShow Us Your Christmas Tree!
We want to see your holiday tree all dressed up for the season! Please show us your best photo and tell us all about it
Full Story
HOLIDAYSSurviving the Christmas Countdown: A Parent's Guide
Make things easier on yourself, for heaven's sake — and for the sake of truly enjoying the holiday with your family
Full StorySponsored
netla