SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gagalzone8

Need advice with thornless roses

gagalzone8
6 years ago

I have the list that was posted on here of thornless roses, but I am hoping everyone can chime in to help me narrow it down. One will be at a spot with mostly full sun. Prefer an upright maybe vase shape here. Would like some color with fragrance. (near a walkway and by my chainlink fence) This is a spot that my dogs always go to when anyone comes over..(just trying to be careful, my father in laws blue heeler had his eye removed due to damage from a knockout rose in his yard, we know it was the rose because it is the only shrub inside his fenced in backyard) The other spot is in a 6 x 6 rounded spot by my patio. This spot currently has a Tardiva Hydrangea. It is by the south side of my light colored brick house. Kinda a hot spot. It is shaded off and on during the day, but when the sun does hit it, it is baking. (I do have a redbud tree planted further south from it and it is almost to the point where it breaks the sun some) I really like the way the Tardiva is tree form because of the walkway that runs down by it. It kinda over hangs that area. This spot is also right by my water spigot, hence the thornless need! This spot will also be near the eaves of my house. (out past the drip line, but water will be running off the house when it rains. I would appreciate any advice. The hydrangea didn't bloom this year and I think it is just too hot there. I will be moving it. I have been googling the roses and looking at pictures, but truly confusing myself as usual!! I am going to try to find a picture of the is spot!

Comments (18)