SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
liberty0417

"Interim" Kitchen Update/Layout Help

Colleen
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I’d like some advice on some inexpensive interim kitchen updates. We have a design for a kitchen remodel, however those funds are being used toward something else at this time. Therefore, I’d welcome your ideas on what to do in the meantime to make the kitchen more fun and functional.

As you can see, there is a bit of wasted open space. Ideally, I’d like to get rid of the 2 free standing pieces and replace with one.

· Where the dresser is located, I was thinking either open shelving OR have our contractor make a couple more cabinets. We’d also be removing the book shelf. The dresser is home to miscellaneous kitchen items.

· The taller pantry piece is just that, the pantry. Therefore, this would have to be replaced. Where this piece currently is, I was thinking of some open shelving to alleviate some of the stuff on the counter and also re-locate the cookbooks

· The breakfast bar – keep it or remove it? My girls do have their breakfast there and when people come over they always seem to end up there. Should remove and replace with something a bit more functional?

· I know painting both the walls and the cabinets would certainly spruce things up! I’m open to color for both – please share!

Thanks for taking a look and I appreciate your suggestions and opinions!

Comments (2)