SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamapinky0

Tim must have felt left out.

mamapinky0
6 years ago

Amiee and Chip have both fully recovered.

Today Tim was eating a piece of pie, laughing and having a fun day when out of the blue he was sick. It hit hard and fast. Croupy cough, sore throat, lost his voice, body aches from head to toe, temp 103.2...I knew there was only one thing that would hit so hard and fast. I took him into Urgi Care where he tested positive for the flu.

I'm alternating Motrin and Tylenol every 3 hours, pushing fluids, and wrapping him in a blanket to go out on the patio for a minute or two for some deep breaths. This and a steamy bathroom are the only things that help the croup. With going outdoors (when its cold, it has to be cold to work) works better than the steam. Of course he hates it. Hes trying to sip at a cup of chamomile tea with honey and has a tall glass of gatorade mixed with sprite. There's not much else I can do for him. I pulled out the sleeper sofa and made it up with clean bedding for him tonight. This way I can lay on the other non sleeper sofa and watch him thru the night. Normally he'd just sleep in bed with most viruses but he's really pretty sick and I don't him keeping his brother up all night or I would have just slept in their room tonight. I doubt sleeping will be on my agenda tonight. You know this means Chip will probably end up with this and of course his asthma will get out of control. Vicious cycle.

Please keep Tim in your thoughts.

Comments (7)