SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_adams3049647

OT:Gardenia for pot with cremation ashes

Lisa Adams
6 years ago

My daughter’s best friend is like a daughter to me. A few weeks ago, my daughter and I went to help her with her her newborn baby, in Bakersfield. Her mother has been mostly absent in her life for the past 15 years or so. This sweet girl has gone on family vacations with us, lived in my home when she was young, alone, and had just given birth to her first child. She’s cared for me after surgeries, and physically dressed me and did my hair on the day we buried my husband. I’ve known and loved her since she was a child.

Yesterday, she called that her mother had passed away unexpectedly. The sweetheart of a girl did all she could to help her mother, but of course feels like she should have tried “just one more time”.

I know there’s a Tropical Forum here, but you all are my friends, so I will ask here first. Her mother’s favorite flowers were gardenias. She is purchasing something called “The Living Urn”. The ashes are given in a biodegradable pot, and can be planted under the plant of choice. She lives in Bakersfield, CA and will grow this gardenia in a large pot, so that she can bring it with her in case they move. I know gardenias can be finicky. Does anyone have suggestions for particular varieties that would do well in a pot? I know she can get a gardenia from the “Living Urn” company, but she has asked me to find “just the right one.” Of course I feel so helpless and want it to be perfect. Any suggestions? Lisa

October 27, 2017

Comments (29)

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996