SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_35019729

Anybody watching Stranger Things?

User
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Netflix has become my best friend, and I just finished binging Seasons 1 and 2 Season Stranger Things. Has anyone else watched this series? I see lots of sic-fi because my daughter is a geek girl and I get snookered into it by default.

I greatly liked ST, about a group of four boys around middle-school age, one of whom is captured by the Upside Down and is gradually losing his abiity to come back to the real world. Enter Eleven, a young girl who has been given super-powers by the guy in charge of the UD. Way too much to encapsulate here, but the relationships between the kids and adults--Winona Ryder is not an actor I like, but she is perfect as the somewhat whacky mother of the captured boy--shift and change just like kids do, a new girl comes to town (Madmax, gorgeous red hair), siblings of the boys have love entanglements as do the boys themselves, there's a good score and some good dialogue, and the kids are simply fun to watch..

Does anyone watch other series on Netflix, Hulu, or major channels? If so, what would you recommend?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
More Discussions