SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lori_b96

What do I hang on these windows??? Odd window placement!

Lori B
6 years ago

We recently remodeled our house and knocked down walls to refigure the whole back of our house. Everything turned out beautiful and we are so happy but in remodeling something from an existing layout there's bound to be some things that just don't look right. Our family room used to be a study and had a large window. Our only option for the fireplace was moving it in the corner and making the existing window smaller. This is the biggest eyesore of the whole remodel because this window is obviously way too close to the fireplace from a design standpoint. It's also not centered in the room and a nightmare from a decorating standpoint since the couch is 1/2 under the window. But it is what it is and I got everything else I wanted out of the project so I'll just have to figure out how to make this work. I am not doing any other window treatment on the window with the shutters. The black console table all the way to the left is not staying there. So the only space I really have to hang on that wall is just the area above the couch. The room opens to the kitchen dining area. I think I need a bigger rug. Keep going back & forth on having couches pushed against the walls (then coffee table feels too far away) or floating them away from walls (but then that just feels weird and the couches move around too much). I need something to hang above each couch. The only thing I can think of above the odd wall is one of those giant clocks but I've had those before and kind of over that look. Any ideas??? HELP!!!

Comments (8)