SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
japell

Insurance Question

Cookie8
6 years ago

It is a pretty windy morning today and a tree from government owned land fell on a structure on our property and destroyed fencing. I am guessing this would be their cost on their insurance? In the spring, workers came through and removed many Ash trees as they were heavily infected with ash borers. In the process they had a massive till that dug up all the earth and left a few maple trees standing alone. On top of that, in the spring we had more standing water than we have ever had. We called the city a few times as the sewer there kept plugging and we kept removing debris every few days to keep it flowing. I am sure these stand alone trees have a pretty weakened root system with all the disruptions of this past spring. I am just nervous because we had issues with tree removal in the past when we called in for removal. They were very dismissive and I am afraid it will be the same with this scenario. I know if it was our tree on the neighbours it would be our insurance but government? I will call in an 1/2 an hour to make a claim.

Comments (15)