SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jackie_lin6

Need help with Wolf vs Monogram All Gas Range with griddle

Jackie Lin
6 years ago

I never knew a decision could be this hard! So, I was all set on getting Wolf 48" Rangetop (6 burners with griddle) plus Miele CSO and Miele single oven. But then realized my cabinets don't come already made for Rangetops so will have to custom make one or modify.

That makes me start thinking about getting a 36" Range plus the Miele CSO (36" to keep my budget around the same). I was going to choose Wolf 36 All gas Range but found out its burners only have 15000 BTUs!? My last non-professional 30" GE range had 18000.... And I looked at Thermadore 36 All Gas Range but the griddle is electric and we want gas heated one (my husband's preference). So Thermadore is out, even though I like its looks and high BTU.

Monogram 36" All gas Range with griddle has 18000 on all 4 burners, all the specs look good, but I don't find many discussions here on GW, is it a good and reliable unit? With the same budget, I might be able to get 48" Monogram Range, will that be a better unit?

Questions in summary:

1. Will Wolf's 15000 BTU really be disappointing if I do stir-fry in cast iron pots and boiling a whole pot of water?

2. Is Monogram a reliable unit and 18000 BTU truly produces good heat?

3. Should I forget about all this and stick with my 48" Wolf Rangetop since it has 20000 BTU, and just modify the cabinet?

Thank you all for your advice!

Comments (3)