SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_731447936

Wolf all gas range 6 burners or 4 burners plus built in griddle — HELP

Suzanne Giomi
10 months ago

Hi all

i have gone down the appliance rabbit hole and i know this has been posted about before but not super recently.

We finally picked our range and decided on the Wolf all gas 36”. Today we went to a Wolf/Sub Zero showroom and they really sold us on the 4 burner plus griddle option. Why? First of all, how often do you use all 6 burners? We probably only do once a year if that at Thanksgiving. Second, we don’t currently slide pots and pans from one burner to the other, as ours are separate not continuous, but who knows, maybe that is a nice feature. And finally, and most important, they explalined that you can use the griddle for tons of things, not just pancakes, such as meats, veggies, seafood, sandwiches, eggs, and on and on. They claim it is easy to clean and nice to have one big flat hot surface to cook on (vs a long griddle pan that you place on top of the burners.

My cons: doesn’t look as pretty, slightly less flexibility, and also, will i actually use it (not to mention the cost).

if anyone has any experience with built in griddles, positive or negative, please post about it and tell me what you think. i’m in a conundrum!

thanks,

suzanne g. of california

Comments (4)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars65 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz