SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heron3

Need help finding a reliable frontloading washer gas dryer...

heron3
6 years ago

Frustrated trying to replace my washer and dryer. I went on C-net, Consumer Reports, Top Ten Reviews, and some appliance store blogs trying to find a washer and dryer that is highly rated for performance and reliability. Review sites rate certain brands and models high and then reviews from people who actually own the appliances have nothing but bad things to say about them! I might as well just pick a brand by throwing a dart at a dartboard! Consumer Reports likes Kenmore Elite but people complain about them and the lack of service on the warranties. C-Net likes the Korean brands LG and Samsung, and Yale Appliance in Boston says that their service department records show that Maytag Appliances (the higher end of Whirlpool) need less repairs than other brands, have better customer service and a shorter turn around time for parts because everything is made in the U.S. rather than Korea. However, people who own Maytag and Whirlpool washers complain about mold build-up in their front-loading washers and and people who own their dryers complain about rust in the drum from poor welds that mark up your clothes! These are the reasons that I need to replace my Whirlpool washer and dryer. Even though I religiously follow the manufacturer's instructions to wipe out the door gasket and run their special maintenance cycle with bleach each month, I still get mold build-up in the soap dispenser area of the machine and my dryer has left rust streaks on our clothes! Thus, I am not inclined to purchase machines from Maytag or Whirlpool again. Anyone out there have any advice to point me in the right direction?

Comments (4)