SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
djahlm

Love this print, but does the size work?

djahlm
6 years ago

I bought this picture based on a rendering groveraxle had made of my DR. I love the picture! Unfortunately, it wasn’t until after I received it that I went online to find out how big a picture should be in relation to wall size. One formula I read said to multiply the length of the wall by .57. Doing that I should be using something about 34 inches in length; the picture is a 25 inch square. What do you think?

The rest of the DR is still pretty bare as you can see from the pics. I did paint the commode and put new hardware on it and I really like the color. The hardware, I might replace - it’s just so ordinary. Should I put the wicker tray on the wall above the commode? What should I put on the top of the commode?

I want to do some kind of new window treatment; drapes/curtains were suggested on this site. I‘be never been a curtain person, but I do like the look of them in renderings, plus then nothing would be needed for the walls on either side of the window. Would a Roman shade or fabric shade work here?

What should I put on the table? Keep the runner or lose it? All ideas are greatly appreciated. I’d love to get this room completed!

Comments (1.2K)