SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tjwtexas

Need to choose Interior Doors and Paint - TODAY! Please help!

TJW
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Involuntary remodel courtesy of Mother Nature & Texas floods (ironically, not Harvey, but nonetheless, every bit as much demo & rebuild : ( Here are the knowns: Will (eventually) have white cabinets, either shaker or completely flat. Will have White Macaubus quartzite countertops. Floors will be wood look tile: ---- either Dahl Saddle Brook Farmhouse (a bit warmer with more tones), OR ---- American Tile & Stone Ranchwood in "warm brown" (which is actually greyer, more uniform) We need paint color TODAY (I've not been dragging my feet, really ... there are so many moving parts after a flood, trying to remain employed, retaining wall to prevent another, insurance inventory, some roof issues, other damage (windows), plumbing issues to address while walls were out, relocating - twice now - and a multitude of other things all raining down (pun intended) seemingly at once.) So today they need a paint color for at least the ceiling. I want the same color throughout, a nice neutral on the light (but not white) side, and I'm pretty sure the ceiling should be several shades lighter although still the same color. One color we have tried previous on a test wall (before the enforced remodel) that my husband likes is Behr brand ... Roman Plaster. If I have to select something without a chance to look, ask, think, I guess that will be it, but would love some help and specific paint colors and details of why, things to consider (Sherwin Williams, Lowes & Home Depot are local options, Benjamin Moore is not easily available at least not today/this week). Next (also this week - it looks like flooring can happen next week or not until November) is DOORS. How thick should good solid interior doors be? I CAN spend a couple hundred + each, but cannnot afford the $600-$700 each I've seen for doors online that I like (I need 15 interior doors and do not will not go hollow). One, no money, two, that would be overkill for this house in this location. But I want good solid doors that will make a good impression for resale and will be solid, attractive, effective for noise, etc., while we are there. I think of the available options (admittedly not great) of Lowes, Home Depot, Builders Surplus .... a 2 panel shaker style door with square top might work. Thoughts? But I'm concerned about the "panel" part being too thin, so how thick should my interior doors be? Also, is a paint on those doors supposed to be white or same as walls? I know, too many questions. I wish I could have a home designer here to help bJt at least there's Houzz, right?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County