SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angelaclaire48

HELP! What size mirror for 72inch vanity?

angelaclaire48
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Help! I am struggling to find a mirror appropriately sized for our 72 inch vanity.

I've heard the mirror should be the same length as the vanity. I've also heard it should be 1-2 inches smaller on either side... what is the right way??

The vanity is 39in tall and the mirror in the pic below is about the same height. I'm not crazy about this mirror at all, but haven't found many affordable options that are 72x39in. The last pic below with drywall is the actual vanity space. It will be a tight fit in that niche.

I would prefer two mirrors centered over the sinks, but the vanity only has a few inches on either side of the rectangular sinks and it would be too close to the walls (with an awkward space in between mirrors). The vanity is 72in and the space it fits in is between the shower wall and bathroom wall. SO I think I have to use a single mirror. The master bathroom is large with 8 foot ceilings, so a large mirror would fit the space.

Sidenote--My husband is 6"1 and I am 5"3 so the mirror needs to be tall enough to not cut his head off, but also positioned low enough that I can still see myself. :)

We picked out a single light fixture with 4 lights. Also, the pic with mirror is NOT THE FINAL WALL COLOR! We will go with a super subtle, light grey. It's also currently in the master bedroom--not the bath.

Also, backsplash or no backsplash?

Comments (5)