SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thornworn

Chamblee's Rose Nursery....question?

Moses, Pittsburgh, W. PA., zone 5/6, USA
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Boy, do I hope what I have seen going on at Chamblee's for a couple years now is not a sign of worse things to come.
First, Austin roses were dumped completely, along with Ping Lim's, Easy Elegance line.
More recently (just this week), I was told by an order taker, by phone, that Quietness was dropped because of low sales. In fact, Carefree Beauty, another Griffith Buck rose, is the only Buck rose being offered for sale. This is a drop to one Buck rose from about two dozen offered just a short while ago!
Kordes': Earth Angel, Zaire, Summer Romance, and Madame Anisette have also been dropped. Supposedly due to customer complaints on their performance.
I was told, during my call, that no catalog would be made/mailed out this coming, 2017-18, season .
In light of the several cases of mite infested stock Chamblee's shipped this past season, although Mark rectified the issue very satisfactorily, I wonder what's next.
I have patronized Chamblee's for many years. Their quality and low price could/cannot be beat. Where can you get a one gallon rose for about $10.00 these days!
My solution at this time is to pray for Mark Chamblee and his nursery, not knowing if there is really any need for alarm, but the signs don't look good. A family rose business like Chamblee's is a treasure to us all, and I hope there is no real need for raising concern.
Any comments?

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH