SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thornworn

Chamblee Roses....anybody disappointed in quality recently?

The last two orders (mail orders), of roses I got from the new Chamblees were not the size or quality of roses I customarily received from the old Chamblees when Mark was its owner. The order I received just today contains really puny, quart size roses in trade gallon pots. Lots of broken branches due to less than adequate packing...rolling around in the box, not snugly packed.

Please do not misunderstand my report. It's not a complaint, just an observation. I will gladly mail order roses from Chamblees again, and fully support the new owner's nursery. Small nurseries are struggling and becoming fewer and fewer, and we need every remaining one. They need all the support we can give them.

I am certain the roses will grow very nicely. I'm just disappointed for the reasons explained above. Also, please do not expect your well intentioned advice for me to inform Chamblee about my disappointment to be heeded. If I did, I assure you that they would immediately insist on replacing the roses, they being such lovely folks, and beloved Texans, too, (got a soft spot for Texans: cherished relatives there, and independent thinkers statewide), which I don't want them to do, knowing they would insist.

Maybe the point of my post can be taken as just airing a subject for discussion among my Roses Forum friends?

A wise saying I learned from a long gone friend and of which I frequently remind myself, is: "If you stumble over every stone in your path, you'll never get anywhere."

Moses

Comments (2)