SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kandaceshirley

heirloom roses v chamblees v j&p

kandaceshirley
15 years ago

I thought I'd try getting roses from a couple different venders this year. I've ordered from jackson & perkins for years and aside from their hardiness recommendations needing a little tweaking I've been basically happy with their roses. I ordered from heirloom roses and chamblees this year and was very happy with my chamblees order. The heirloom roses order came and now i'm wondering what all the fuss is about their roses? The chamblee's roses were well packed, healthy, one gallon (?) plants and ready to be placed in the garden. The heirloom roses are small (maybe one quart sized containers) and in no way can they go into the garden now and I'm not sure they'll be ready to plant in the garden this season (any ideas on where to overwinter them, my garage isn't very warm and has almost no windows - can you just place the pot in the garage or does it need something to help keep it warm)? Can someone fill me in on the virtues of heirloom's roses? Am I just missing something that comes with time as the roses grow?

Comments (25)