SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angels485

Help Please! With my kitchen design

Katelyn C.
6 years ago

I am working on designing the kitchen for an inherited house that sits on several acres of beautiful land. With views in mind, we are opening up the current wall between the kitchen and dining room, to take advantage of newly installed French doors with access to a deck. The current dining room will be converted to casual dining/hangout space and the dining room will move to the right where the current formal living room is.

The house is built of cinder blocks, and so to save some money on what will be a major home renovation, we are trying to keep the windows where they are. While I would be fine with closing one of the windows up, my husband is vehemently against it. The main access to the house will be through the kitchen, via a mud room addition. Also in the kitchen is the basement door, across the "hallway" (that goes to powder room and new living room) from the fridge and in line with the cabinets.

Ok, on to the design!

Island with microwave

Empty space is dishwasher. For some reason is doesn't show up.

The black dot is where a prep sink would be placed. Obviously I am worried about how far away the sink is from the other appliances. I also realize the sink won't be under the window, but to center it would mean only 15" of counter next to the cooktop, which I'm hoping to avoid.

Any insights, critiques, suggestions are very much welcomed! Thank you in advance!

Katie

Comments (5)