SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paige_boger

NorCal WeatherShield v. Andersen-QUALITY, Service, Warranty & Opinions

Paige Boger
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Product: Aluminum Clad Wood Windows

Full Remodel Addition of Some Windows and Sliders, Complete ReBuild of Rough Openings

Concerns: Quality & Service of Product

I am getting ready to order over 70 new windows for my project. It's a single family home that will become 3 units - 1 owner's unit and 2 rental units. I have looked at many products and find the WeatherShield Premium Line and Andersen E/Eagle Product to be very similar in fit & finish. Since I am not doing any replacement the fit of the window is not a concern as each window will be installed almost from scratch.

I am wanting to speak with owners/builders who are familiar with each product and specifically the product in my environment. I do not live in an area with extreme temperature swings or heavy moisture. I do not live in the foggiest of neighborhoods - quite the opposite actually.

I see many comments on the WS product that is over 10 years old and not much on the andersen product. I am interested in currently product reliability (last 5-10 years) and experiences. The WS rep is excited about my project and looking to use it for promo material - can I look for any value from rep for this?

Bids I have received for the WS product are very fairly priced and have also fairly priced installation included. Bids for Andersen product are somewhat more expensive - am I buying a name? or what real world experience and service is behind that.

Thanks for your input - I'll be listening here and reading more!

Comments (3)