SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jormydog

Lapitec countertops - ever heard of this?

jormydog
6 years ago

So not exactly kitchen related, but kinda as there are always lively discussions about countertop material on here.

We ended up with Pental Quartz (Statuario) for our kitchen remodel, and it's been solid as expected - durable, easy to clean, hasn't stained, and toddler resistant to damage. Obviously all the Breton quartz makers have the same basic process, from what I understand.

Been looking at various materials for our BBQ island for an exterior remodel, and debating between granite, quartzite, and poured concrete - all with various drawbacks. At another jobsite that our mason is working on, the owner had a product called "Lapitec" installed and it looked fantastic. Small world, it is also a Pental product - Bianco Crema Vesuvio Lapitec.

http://www.pentalonline.com/lines/lapitec

Pental says it is non-porous, certified for outside use (and indoor), doesn't retain heat, UV resistant, etc. And it looks like natural material, not the porcelain look (which I don't happen to care for).

Since I rarely believe in wonder products that have no drawbacks, has anyone seen or used it before?

Comments (3)