SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emanueldiy

Anyone heard of Republic Flooring?

EmanuelDIY
9 years ago

Hello All,

I am trying to redo the floors in my house and am leaning towards Republic Laminate. Has anyone heard of them? I've looked online but cant find any reviews.

Their website is http://www.republicfloor.com/

I picked them because of their style and because they have an AC4 rating.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Comments (733)

• Christy
    7 months ago

That is beautiful !!!!

• Linda
    7 months ago

hello! does anyone have photos of what the stair noses look like installed? we also ordered the republic flooring in hayes, probably too late to change now but very curious to see how it will look!

• Related Discussions

anyone ever heard of LW flooring company? Love their LVT/ Camelot

Q

Comments (14)
    It is unfortunate that two brands are getting mixed up and nobody is clarifying that. All manufacturers use, China, cambodia, etc. LW Mountain has had a lot of issues when our company used them. LW Flooring which is an entirely different company has not given us any issues with their product. The one issue we did have was due to the utter disregard from the shipping company that we use. LW was quick to replace our mater that was damgeddamaged in shipping and sent us a few boxes extra just in case. LW Flooring has been a great company compared to LW Mountain.
    ...See More

Has anyone heard of SPC JC Flooring of Rigidcore Cliq by Regal?

Q

Comments (0)
    We found colors that we really like of SPC flooring, Victoria from their Riverbanks collection from JC flooring and Puma from Regal, but I am struggling to find information or reviews on either one of them. Thank you!
    ...See More

Has anyone heard of this kind of flooring?

Q

Comments (10)
    DMX is dimpled which means you will spend the $1/sf on the DMX and then you will realize you have to add a new layer of plywood or OSB or chip board on top of it (carpet and pad will simply fall into the dimples and rip itself apart = cutting carpet/pad lifespan in half = 7 years and then it is trash). The plywood adds another $1/sf. But oh wait! The DMX now needs to be ANCHORED to the concrete! Whaaaaaaat???? Tapcons??? What are tapcons? How do they work? What do you mean we have to drill into the concrete to anchor them??? Masonry bit? What's that? OK...that's a bit cheeky I admit...but it is reality. I've seen SOOOO many people try to make DMX work. It can...but it has a LOT more work than you think. It looks cheap but turns out to be more expensive than you anticipated. If you must do this then work with something that already has the plywood on top: DriCore. It is double the price of DMX but it is 10X easier to use!!! So pay on the front end so that you save your sanity on the install.
    ...See More

Has anyone ever heard of LW flooring? Any input?

Q

Comments (0)
    I am looking at their vinyl plank flooring but dont see much about them online. Any input is appreciated. LW flooring
    ...See More
  • Russ H
    7 months ago

Linda, here are a few photos of Hayes nosing.

• Jan Donovan
    7 months ago

@Suzanne Anderson is your floor engineered or LVF. It looks beautiful

• F. E.
    7 months ago

anyone has installed the Republic’s Country Gem? I would love to see photos!

• F. E.
    7 months ago

Anyone is installing the Republic’s Country Gem? I would love to see pictured!

• Linda
    7 months ago

Thank you so much Russ, it looks awesome!

• Suzanne Anderson
    7 months ago

Our floor is luxury vinyl flooring

• Jan Donovan
    7 months ago

@Suzanne Anderson your floor is beautiful! Do you mind telling me how much a sq ft it was?

• HU-391335973
    7 months ago
    last modified: 7 months ago

@melissaom i went to the SLC parade of Homes, which homes used Republic flooring?

• melissaom
    7 months ago
    last modified: 7 months ago

Hi @HU-391335973. My comment was about the homes using SPC, not Republic Flooring's brand specifically. This home is an example - we spoke to the builders and they used a high end SPC from Shaw. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2631-E-Robidoux-Dr-Sandy-UT-84093/2057888010_zpid/

• Suzanne Anderson
    7 months ago

$5.79/sq foot

• Jan Donovan
    7 months ago

Thanks

• Jan Donovan
    7 months ago

@melissaom. Why is SPC particularly important in respect to good quality floors?

• melissaom
    7 months ago

Hi @jandonovan I am not a flooring expert my any means, but we were told the SPC would hold up better in respect to dents (like from furniture placement) and damage (we live in snow country - think ski boots) and should last longer (what we ordered can be used for commercial use). We also found it looked more realistic due to how they are printed and liked the longer and wider planks they offered as well as the coloring (not a lot of variation). We looked at so, so many different brands and styles and what we chose ticked the boxes for us. Make sure you buy a box so you can see it where you intend to use it before you purchase. That made a huge difference in our choice.

• lin_voice
    6 months ago

Has anyone installed the Boggs, would love to see some pictures please!

• Box Box
    6 months ago

Can anyone comment on finished jobs with Hayes flooring? Could you share a photo of the finished floor? Does anyone have recommendations for an alternative?

• Russ H
    6 months ago

we have Hayes installed. Overall, we’re very pleased with it. Our project still work in progress but attaching some photos. The photos really doesn’t do it justice in terms of how it looks in reality. The dark grains aren’t as present with the naked eye. The camera really seems to pick up the dark grains.

• melissaom
    6 months ago

Thank you so much for posting, Ross. Looks great and we can’t wait for ours to come in!

• Taylor Gaines
    6 months ago

These are awesome photos. It’s our number one pick and we will likely go with this floor. When you say overall did you have issues at all?

• Colleen Pete
    6 months ago

We are installing post oak right now and I love it. But people should be aware it is more rustic and not smooth, does have some ridges and knots to make it look like real wood. color can vary depending on the light. The picture makes it look much darker than it appears in real life. Also it is dusty from cutting the pieces.

• Jody C
    6 months ago

@https://www.houzz.com/user/russell-hong did you use this in your bathroomms, laundry, and kitchen?

• Russ H
    6 months ago

@Jody C In the kitchen, yes. But not in bathrooms (we prefer tiles for bathrooms). Our laundry is in the garage.

• Signe S
    5 months ago

Hi @colleenpete we are also looking to install Post Oak throughout our entire main floor. I was drawn to the rustic charm of it. How are your floors holding up since you've installed it? Are they easy to clean? Would love to see more photos if you have any.

• Colleen Pete
    5 months ago

hi signe, i have not moved into the house yet but will let you know. move in mid october. right now they are covered for painting.

• Signe S
    5 months ago
    last modified: 5 months ago

Appreciate it @colleenpete! We are in the middle of a major remodel of our main floor. Plan on installing the flooring likely at the end of October.

• lwoltem
    5 months ago

Hi! does anyone have an installed picture of Republic brand, color ’Boggs’?

• mattyice32
    5 months ago

Hi, does anyone have a picture of the Republic Sierra Boggs (right) or Clark (left) installed? I can leaning towards the Clark color. Also, has anyone had the Sierra line installed in their home? Thank you for your help.

• Kurt
    5 months ago
    last modified: 5 months ago

I benefited from this thread during my remodel and thought I'd return the favor. We installed Republic Floor "Baltic Brown" throughout our home, including many stairs. We've been very pleased with the look and performance!

https://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/171121686/thumbs/modern-family-remodel

Modern Family Remodel · More Info

• Christy
    5 months ago

Hi Kurt, Absolutely BEAUTIFUL.... I'm biased... we installed Baltic Brown throughout our entire downstairs (pics posted about a year ago on this thread). WE LOOOOOVE it and it has held up beautifully. We are considering installing it upstairs as well. I'm very interested in your experience with installing it on the stairs (love the pics). Any and all advice is GREATLY appreciated !! :) Christy

• Christine Nedved
    5 months ago

Hello! Has anyone installed Republic Pure SPC Max - Glacier Point color is Sahara Beige? Would love to see pics and hear reviews.

• bigblakes
    5 months ago

This thread was helpful to us. Figured i should share our experience. We went with Sessile Oak. We are happy.

• Kurt
    5 months ago

@christy- We love the republic flooring stair treads. Installing hard surface on stairs is a matter of personal preference as some people worry about slipping/safety. While one does have to be careful we prefer hard surface stairs generally. Not to mention, carpet gets destroyed and looks terrible on stairs even after a year or two. Of course, blended solutions like wool runners, etc. are always an option on top of a hard surface.

Another consideration is understanding that LV stair treads are not manufactured the same way as the planking. The pattern/design is essentially printed on the bullnose so it may not be quite as durable as the rest of the floor. The back of the step and the riser is the standard LVP, it's just the bullnose that is different. In addition to extra LVP we also purchased extra bullnose if necessary for repairs in the future.

Finally, as it with any flooring, but especially stairs, it's all about installation. We had a good craftsman that specialized in stairs. There is a lot of scribing and attention to detail is mandatory. Typically, someone that is good with hardwood stairs would also be good installing LV.

Hope this helps!

• Signe S
    4 months ago
    last modified: 4 months ago

Hi All!

Man alive is it ever stressful picking out flooring off a 2'x2' sample, especially when you're ordering 2000sq/ft of it!

I found this chat thread to be extremely helpful so I wanted to give back with our results.

We have just finished floating Post Oak from The Woodlands Collection onto the existing tile of our newly remodeled home. We used Post Oak throughout our entire main floor including our kitchen, powder room and laundry room. We have a pool, making it extremely important that we have something 100% waterproof and durable as we also have 2 boys and a dog. I would classify our taste as 'rustic modern', making Post Oak the perfect choice for us. The flooring looks and feels like real wood, with natural knots and grain throughout. The color and texture of this flooring will make it easy to hide footprints or dirt AND it feels soft on my bare feet ... bonus! I had a friend come by to check it out and she could not believe it was LVP. On a side note, it pairs really nicely with Sherwin Williams Agreeable Grey paint color.

Best of luck everyone with your own choices, I am sure it will turn out beautifully!

• melissaom
    4 months ago

Thank you for posting! It looks beautiful. We will post ours as well once it is in. Such a big decision and glad it was a success!

• Stephanie Potts
    4 months ago

@Cher Brewer can you post some more pictures of those dark cabinets with your post oak floors? In my house with the sample of post oak it looks a lot lighter than your pictures. I have very dark kitchen cabinets (almost black) so I’m considering post oak but worried it may be a little too light or too orangey?! Are you happy with your republic floors, and glad you chose this color?

• Signe S
    4 months ago

@stephaniepotts I don't see any orange tint in the post oak flooring at all. Post Oak has dark brown knots throughout the planks that could compliment your dark kitchen cabinets nicely. If you scroll up to the picture @colleenpete posted using post oak, you can see what it looks like with her black trimmed doors. Hope that help!

• Suzanne Leigh
    4 months ago

Hi Signe S, I'm just prepping for a big remodel in a home with lots of existing tile (all solidly in place with no chipping, but bigger grout lines and a color I can't live with). I read your post above that you floated your new Republic floor over existing tile. Did you have any doubts about that, or did you have a great installer who assured you it was doable and a good idea? I have read varying takes on that process, and would be delighted to hear it's a good choice. Would save us so much time and mess if we could float over existing tile rather than remove. BTW...your floors are STUNNING!! Thanks for sharing those great pics.

• Signe S
    4 months ago

Hi Suzanne, I think you are in a much better spot than we were with the current condition of your tile floor. We had a mish mash of flooring throughout; a mix of carpet, glued down hardwood planks and tile. During our remodel we tore out a wall and took out several decorative columns to make our space more open, leaving large cut-outs in the tile floor. Our hope was to use the same tile throughout to save a chunk of our budget but the tile was unfortunately discontinued so we were out of luck. That's when we had to go with Plan B, resulting in a hunt for LVP landing on Post Oak as our choice ... secretly I was doing a happy dance because while the existing tile was "fine", it wasn't sparking joy for me.

When talking to our contractor's floor installer, there was zero hesitancy in the idea of floating the Republic flooring over all of the different areas that we had. The installer explained that he would have to ensure all areas were level and flat prior to laying the LVP down to avoid varying height differences.

The first day of installation, he poured concrete throughout our main floor targeting the tile cutouts, the transition areas leading into other rooms, the rooms where existing carpet was and any areas that had a natural dip due to house settlement. The second day of installation, he sanded the concrete and cleaned the flooring; <caution> this process was quite dusty! The third day, he and his crew of 4-5 others laid the Post Oak and they were done in one day.

The installer seemed impressed with the quality of the Republic LVP. He mentioned a lot of LVP has MDF in it, making buckling an issue over time as it is not 100% waterproof. He noted that the Republic LVP is solid plastic ensuring me it would be 100% waterproof.

We have been in the house for 2 weeks now and are very happy with the outcome. We have not noticed any irregularities in the flooring levels, paying particular attention to where we had the cutouts, carpet and hardwood areas.

In your case, if you can avoid the extra cost, time and mess it would take to rip out your existing tile, floating is a great way to do that! I would suggest finding an experienced installer who has floated flooring before, but I think you should be fine! Having gone through the experience myself, I would definitely do it again.

Hope you find this helpful. I look forward to seeing your "after" pictures!

• Suzanne Leigh
    4 months ago

Signe this is a gold mine of info. Can’t thank you enough!! I’ll come back to this post when we’ve made our decision, so I can ‘pay it forward’ as you’ve done. Thank you again!

• Signe S
    4 months ago

Happy to help, Suzanne! Even thought the Republic LVP is solid plastic, I cannot believe it isn't real! Seriously. The look and feel of it is just like the real deal. It is all the benefits of authentic hardwood with the added perks of being durable and waterproof. The quality of LVP has come a long way since the 80's, that is for sure haha. Good Luck!

• Tracy
    2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

Hi @signe

Thank you so much for your pictures! We have a very similar aesthetic! We have purchased post oak for our remodel and we're considering agreeable gray and shoji white for our walls. Can I ask what color you used on your cabinets? Both the white and the stain on the wood grain? Are your cabinets white oak or another wood? We are having such a hard time finding a wood stain to complement our beautiful post oak flooring.

• Signe S
    2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

Hi @Tracy

I used Sherwin Williams Pure White for my cabinets, and also used it on all of our trim, doors, and ceiling. The name 'pure white' is deceiving as the color is more of a soft/warm white versus a stark bright white, but it doesn't have a yellow tinge to it ... hopefully that makes sense? I must have watched a gazilion youtube vides comparing different tones of white before landing on 'pure white'!

We used knotty alder wood for our stained lower cabinets. I LOVE white oak, but it was not in our budget as we also remodeled our primary bathroom, fireplace and outdoor area (I've attached a pic of our bathroom below - same color palette as the kitchen with agreeable grey on the wall and pure white for the trim and same stain as our kitchen cabinets). I showed our painter a sample of the post oak flooring and had him make up a few custom stain samples that would compliment it. We wanted to go with a more natural look, he ended up only adding a few drops of brown and white into a clear coat to land on the stain that we have. I wonder if you can ask your painter to try and do the same or go into a Sherwin Williams and see what they suggest. I wish it was a straight up answer for you ... unfortunately I don't know what color of brown or white he added to the clear coat or exactly how much of it.

I hope this helps! There are so many stressful decisions.

• Tracy
    2 months ago

Stunning bathroom as well, @signe! I adore knotty alder as well and am thinking of that was well for budgeting reasons. I will plan to post when we have photos!

• Travis Johnson
    2 months ago

Has anybody installed Colonial Cream from Republic? I’ve been unable to find any pictures online. thanks

• Amanda Davis
    last month

Can anyone with large dogs tell me how it's held up for them? I foster all sizes so I want to be sure before I buy this!

• HU-457534158
    last month

We did our entire first floor with Republic SPC MAX. It has held up extremly well.

We have a 96 lb. pound Bouvier de Flanders and 2 grandchildren. Not a scratch or

problem. Go for it I dont think you can find anything better.

• asarcletti
    last month

Republic Pure SPC Max Bear Oak is on the top of our list for our full home remodel. Anyone install Bear Oak and have some pics?

• PRO
    carrie
    9 days ago

We are also considering Republic SPC flooring. We were told that it could be glued down so it could run under cabinets or floating, but then we would need quarter round around all cabinets and island. I don't like the look of quarter round but not sure about glueing all of this flooring down. How are you all installing the floor and what are you doing about quarter round if you float the floor. Thanks in advance.

• HU-457534158
    9 days ago

We have the commercial SPC line and love it. Two years with a large 96 pound dog and two grand children and not a scratch. Also the plank look has the tightest seaming I have seen on any vinyl plank flooring. We have had a interior flood twice in a bathroom. Lots of towels to mop up water and no problems. Some water under the floor may puddle from imperfect sub floor. Step on those areas to push moisture up to top and wipe dry and run a fan on floor and you should not have any problems. The SPC line can survive water. You can't go wrong with this flooring