SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
srb2398061

Does anyone remember "dark cottons" for fall?

Anglophilia
6 years ago

I need them! I don't stop wearing white pants and summer tops because of some "rule" - they just don't seem quite right now - days and nights cooler and the garden in its end stages. But good luck finding dark cottons! I finally went to JJill today and bought a few things - paid more than I wanted to as I don't think there quality warrants the cost. But they're all synthetics and if it gets hot again later in the month or in Oct (which it may well and often does!), they will not be as comfortable as cotton.

All I wanted were a couple of pair of cropped cotton black pants and a couple of pair of the same in khaki. I'd already looked on line everywhere and there was nothing. I would also have liked a black, bateau neckline cotton top - longer, even tunic length. Does't exist.

The saleswoman in the store was lovely -SO helpful - got me in a fitting room (with a nice bench to sit on and put my oxygen on, too. And she brought me tons of things to try. I am no longer able to truly "shop", and hauling that oxygen is hard on my back, even though it is supposedly "light". I don't buy clothes online unless it's something I know will work. Thus my trip to the mall.

When I get the strength, I'll try it all on again and with some things I have and see if I'm keeping it all. I hate simple things now being SO difficult. Getting old is the pits...

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County