SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hdvigorito

Need exterior paint help!

H V
6 years ago

Hi everyone... my first time posting here! Our house is about to be painted and we are having a very hard time choosing a color. It's an unusual house in that I don't see many that have this layout, making it hard to find comparables for paint ideas. I have posted pics below of the current color. One is obviously on a more sunny day. Right now I would say it's a medium blue-gray (not sure of the color). I have 8 samples up on the outside of the house and I'm not sure I like any of them and the painter wants me to decide this weekend. We are thinking we'd like a touch lighter of a color, and either gray or a pale blue (but not too light).

Right now I'm kind of liking Boothbay Gray, Nantucket Fog, and Storm (all BM). But I'm not convinced enough to go for any of them. I'm considering picking up Wolf Gray, Amsterdam, and Blue Spruce to try. If anyone has any advice regarding colors in the gray/blue family I would love to hear it.

I also feel like I need help with the upper windows... they look very blah. I'm considering either shutters or some type of molding on top. Clearly, I am very new to all of this!

Comments (7)