SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pootyihl

Shoe Recommendations for Bad Knee

DawnInCal
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I sprained and twisted my knee a few weeks ago. I've been doing stretching and strengthening exercises and it's much better. There is also a deep bruise of my calf muscle. It's also much better but still a bit tender.

I'm ready to start walking and getting back in shapebut I have noticed that my leg gets tired when walking on hard surfaces like concrete and pavement. I need a better walking shoe that provides more support and cushioning and I'd also like it to be lightweight.

My list of possibilities has been narrowed down to New Balance, Puma, ASICS, Sketchers and Clark's. What I would like is to hear about your personal experiences with these brands when you have needed support when needing to rehab your knees, etc.

Before anyone comes in here and tells me that I should seek medical advice rather than asking a bunch of strangers on the Internet, let me save you some time. I have already seen a doctor. I just want to hear about these shoe brands and what your experiences have been. Feel free to tell about other brands I haven't listed as well.

Thank you all in advance for taking the time to help me out. :-)

Comments (26)