September The Early Autumn Game CXXVI
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (174)
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
Related Discussions
September Game CCIV
Comments (198)Daughters of Abraham: Feminist Thought in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam - Yvonne Yazbek Haddad...See MoreFotess September "Autumn is on the air trade"
Comments (111)Margo - finally got down to the post office and collected your package. Thank you so much! Beautiful embossed handmade card, she decorated a card for the recipe fro Caramel Apple pie as well, a big package of cinnamon sticks (yea! love them), seeds for Blackberry lily, Tomato soup coneflower and Morning Glory Grandpa Otts plus hand beaded earrings and bracelet in a little muslin bag. Was out with friends for dinner and I’m wiped (just in) so pictures have to wait until tomorrow....See MoreShow Us Your Gardens - A Photo Thread - September 2018
Comments (21)Two of my flowering crabapples (all volunteers) have fruits now: Some aren't quite ripe yet: Winterberry fruits are turning red. They'll be more dramatic when the leaves drop, before the robins decide they're ripe. Pokeberry continues to ripen. You can sort of see miscanthus and panicum behind the poke. Panicum 'Cloud Nine' next to a miscanthus, in front of the winterberry: Cotoneaster fruit are turning red: And Yucca 'Color Guard' always looks good with the cotoneaster: All of the miscanthus seedheads are wet and stuck together so I haven't tried to photograph them. Sitting here on the deck engrossed with the posting, I just noticed that Viburnum 'Summer Snowflake' still has a blossom. My other doublefile viburnum is way gone by so there's nothing to pollinate the Summer Snowflake. I'd love to have more viburnum fruit now. I wonder if a second Summer Snowflake could pollinate the first one. Claire...See MoreSeptember 2020, Week 4
Comments (51)Jennifer, I like the video. It reminds me of stories my mom, dad , and grandparents use to tell. Times must have really been hard for many years. I remember my dad telling the story of when he was very small, the Arkansas and Mississippi river flooding. The family was taken to what sound like a refuge camp, everyone lived in tents, he said disease was so bad that people were dying like flies. They worked along the Mississippi, or Arkansas river in the cotton fields, and never knew anything but hard work. Dad left home when he was 17. He worked his way to the west coast and back. He could not read or write, and the family did not know if he was alive or dead. He made it back home the day his family heard that he had been killed. He then started to work in the coal mines, when called for the war, he failed his physical, but he said that the miners were not allowed to quit the mines anyway, because the coal was needed for the war effort. Dad left the coal field around Paris AR., and came to the coal fields along the Arkansas, Oklahoma line, that was when he met mom. They knew one another 40+ days before they were married. Dad died of cancer about 15 years later. I don't think mom ever quit loving dad. Mom is buried next to dad, I had a stone made just like the one she picked out for dad, they sit side by side. I can remember mom telling about my grandmother, who was Chickasaw Indian, cooking meals out side, she used a very large rock to set the supplies on, and would build a camp fire by the rock. When I was young, up till I was married and had kids we would go on a large camping trip every summer and granny would do all the cooking. I wondered how she could cook so good on a camp fire, that was when mom told me that use to cook like that all the time. I am sorry, this has not been about gardening, but instead about memories that the video brought back to me. Jennifer, Madge and my neighbor are trying to get me to buy a new tractor. They tell me that I am getting too old to work on that junk, I don't see well and am not very strong, and my tractors range from 20 to 70 years old. I dont know what I will do, but I dont wont to just sit here and dry up, and I cant garden by hand any more....See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Stories

GARDENING GUIDESNorthern California Gardener's September Checklist
Welcome to the best season for planting just about everything, and for tackling major landscaping projects to boot
Full Story
MONTHLY HOME CHECKLISTSTo-Dos: Your September Home Checklist
Prep your home for cooler weather with these tasks to do in an hour, over a weekend and during the month
Full Story
LIFEHouzz Call: What Are Your Summer-to-Fall Home Rituals?
Whether you refresh your furnishings, bring in autumn color or simply light a candle, we want to see your best photos
Full Story
FALL AND THANKSGIVINGSimple Pleasures: Celebrate Fall With These Special Traditions
Enjoy a meaningful autumn with seasonal ideas for decorating, cooking and entertaining
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESNorthern California Gardener's October Checklist
It's still a great time to plant flowers, vegetables and even bulbs in California gardens this month, thanks to predictably mild weather
Full Story
COLOR10 Great Places for Rich Fall Colors Year-Round
Use nature’s burgundies, golds and oranges in these select spots for a comforting feel no matter what the season
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESGive Your Turf the Fall Tune-up It Deserves
Treat your battered lawn to a little TLC this fall, and it will reward you with lush, healthy grass come spring
Full Story
MOST POPULARBrilliant Scenes of Fall Color Indoors and Out
Celebrate the season with Houzzers’ photos of fall
Full Story
HOLIDAYSHouzz Call: When Do Your Holiday Decorations Go Up?
Is it ever too soon to start spreading the holiday cheer?
Full Story
GREEN DECORATING6 Ways to Cool Off Without Air Conditioning
These methods can reduce temperatures in the home and save on energy bills
Full Story
reader_in_transit