SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blackwillow87

Off Topic: Trashy Neighbors

blackwillow87
6 years ago

First I wanted to say I hope everyone is OK especially those affected by the flooding? I know the forum is supposed to be about gardening and most of what I have to say is about my garden.I hope it's alright to post this here anyways? We've been having issues with our neighbors just recently. Since I live in a mobile home park, there's no way to put up fencing of any kind. Our neighbors have been parking their van on our side of the yard. We complained to the manager and she walked over here to see where to property lines are. She told us, they were technically parked in our yard and I took pictures just to have a record of the number of times they've parked there. In this community everyone is assigned 2 parks, well the managers in the past have been lax about that rule and so people starting getting more cars and parking in other people's parks. The neighbors have 5 vehicles( 2 large vans, 2 large pickup trucks, and a suburban. So now they don't have enough parks. I have put some rebar and a trellis to keep them from parking in our yard, but they put it up regardless of the vine that was growing on it. In the process of them parking in our yard, they've broken 1 of our stepping stones, dislodged 3 other ones and have crushed a few of my plants in the process, as well as dumped trash in our yard and put huge pits in the lawn from the tires. The manager and maintenance man told them to stop parking there because it's a violation and it's our yard, but they still keep parking there. The manager who is MIA at the moment said she would go to a meeting to discuss with other managers about the parking situation. Well we emailed her and never got a response plus she hasn't found a towing company yet. The problem is they park in our yard at night when the manager has left and they park one of their pickup trucks in one of their parks to prevent it from getting towed. They extended their porch out 4 ft, and so they think that means the property line extends further out and when the manager talked to them, the guy told her she needs to give him another park.

The people who own the particular community have been bought out several times and I've read so many horror stories online in a compliant board for this particular community, and these were people from other communities across the U.S. that are own by the same people. Another problem is I have to race them to take the trash out to the curb because the van takes up so much room that I can't even get through that part of the yard to take the trash can out to the curb. They also have a big pile of junk on their porch which is another violation but the managers again have been lax, yet we got a notice about a small patch of grass that I couldn't get too because a car was permanently parked in the visitor park (another violation) for two weeks before it moved. I can't complain to the people who own this community because people say they ignore you and they don't do anything to fix the problem. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what I could do? We technically rent the lot, but we wanted to help make the community look nice and we've gotten tons of compliments. I'm just mainly worried about the damage they're doing to the stepping stones and my plants. I'll attach some pictures. Again I hope it's alright to post this, I know my issue is very small and maybe I just need to accept it especially since it's technically not my land. I'm sorry for the long rant.

The van in question

The dislodged and cracked stones

This zinnia used to be over a foot wide and beautiful, but the tires crushed most of it. The gomphrena next to it used to be taller but their door bent most of the top growth.

Comments (35)