SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_24381804

Basement Bathroom Design-Something simple but functional

User
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi. I am looking for suggestions regarding a bathroom we are going to stub into our basement during the build. Looking at the attachment, the green walls are the walls I would add. As you can see I could make the future bathroom 1 foot wider but not any longer.

When you come to the bottom of our basement stairs if you turn left you go into a larger mechanical/craft room, turning right takes you out into a family area/ storage etc. If you make a right U-turn at the bottom of the stairs it takes you along a short hall that also leads to mechanical room/under stair access. That area will likely be walled off as a closet someday.

Nothing can go along the bottom wall as they have poured that footer for the bearing wall and are telling me if I want something there they will have to tear it out and start over. (dont' understand that, but whatever) So everything along the other 3 walls please :) I want it simple, It won't get used much as we are a 2-person family, already have 2.5 baths upstairs. This would just be for overflow on the rare Holiday when people stayed over and 2 upstair showers wasn't enough and for toilet access from the family room that will only probably get used on those same holidays. It doesn't have to be a tub/shower combo it could just be a shower stall.

I like what I have drawn, but not sure if the toilet should be in the center or along the bottom wall. Suggestions, ideas, anything welcome. :)

J

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!