SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katie_nachman

Black windows - finding blinds/shades that don't detract from the look

6 years ago

Okay so our house is being built right now, and we upgraded to these beautiful black windows (interior and exterior). Obviously I want to show them off as much as possible! But when it's really sunny I also don't want to be blinded. The first picture below, the patio door leads directly into the dining area and kitchen (open floor plan). The second picture you can see that there are two long windows flanking the fireplace, and our TV will also be mounted on the fireplace. I would like to do some sort of sheer lace curtains with super long curtain rods that go all the way across the wall, but I think we might need some sort of shade that we can pull down when necessary. I don't want some clunky vinyl blind apparatus sticking out and detracting from the beauty of the windows. Is there anything we could get that would barely show unless pulled down?

I'm not quite as worried about the window above the patio door because with the height of the vaulted ceiling I don't think it will cause any issues.

Comment (1)