SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie_marceau

White or black solar shades for condo with black window frames

Annie Marceau
4 years ago

I am buying a condo with black window frames. I cannot show you pictures, as it is under construction, but I can share the plan of the living space and pictures of condos that have a similar feel and style. The kitchen/dining/living area is 25X26. The kitchen will be all white: Fenix NTM matte white cabinets and matte Calacatta Gold quartz for the island and backsplash. Floor will be natural maple. Ceiling is exposed concrete, except in the kitchen. With respect to style, I would like to go for a modern pure look almost all white and very light wood but my husband prefers an eclectic industrial look, so it is going to be somewhere in the middle. I found a picture of a condo on the web with furniture that gives an idea...

I cannot find pictures of black windows with solar shades. All I find are pictures of the windows without treatment. I don't know what color to choose and where I should install them (ie inside the window frame, outside or attached to the ceiling. The windows do not go all the way to the ceiling and I don't think they end on the floor either. The ceiling is 9" high.

Thanks for your advice

Comments (11)