SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jbhetman_94

REMODEL extra cabinet creates less eating space? is it worth it

b h
6 years ago

HI,

i have a very small kitchen. This leaves the lower part of page for eating room only, i have no dinning room. it is tight if you pull the table out.

this is my current design, not done yet. NOTICE the angled base cabinet near top left. This is how it will be to open up that doorway.

Below design is the schematics showing my table. The software below won't allow me to use angled bases. So they show full bases by the doorway and by the table. Please try to imagine it angled.

OK HERE'S THE QUESTION: SHOULD i put this added angled base next to or near table? it would be angled, but the software won't allow me to do it. It would be dimension of 24 deep on one side; 12 deep on side nearest table, and 12" wide. Do you think I should add this cabinet? or is it more important to have that table space?

BELOW design shows only 1 angled base (imagine) by the doorway. There isn't an added angled base by the eating table for more space. So which is better extra angled base, less table /chair room? or no extra angled base with more table chair room. (the angled base is 24 deep on one side; 12 deep on side near table, 12 wide)

Comments (5)