SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaismom_gw

Creating a budget for your kitchen remodel

kaismom
14 years ago

If you are doing (have done) a relatively expensive kitchen remodel, how do you come up with how much to spend on your kitchen? Are you using 5 to 15% of the value of the house equation? (some say 8% is the average right now...) Based on what you can comfortably afford? Based on what the bank will lend you? We are not borrowing money and we can well afford the percentages that are thrown about....

I am having a real hard time figuring out what is enough and not enough for our house.. I am not really budget limited... It is my "frugalness" and "cheap" factor creeping in. My husband really does not care what I spend. This is my kitchen and I "earn" the income for the house... I actually wish I HAD a finite budget where I am limited by what I can borrow....

The cost seesm so "high" that I am actually embarassed to admit how much I am spending on the kitchen when my "middle class" sensibility is turned on.

After deciding on a MW that cost $3000 (Miele Speed oven which will function as the second oven), I am really trying to rethink this process.....

Comments (23)