SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laura855

Need help with my living/dining areas

laura855
6 years ago

I recently purchased a 1950's two bedroom bungalow that has been recently renovated. The only original feature is the wood floor, everything else is new. The kitchen has very modern style cabinets and I am leaning toward a mid-century modern feel.

The space is long and narrow and is further complicated by a large window, sliding glass door, and the short wall near the entry pre-wired for the TV. I am struggling to find the best placement of sofa and chairs, TV, etc. If I place the TV where the wiring is currently I think the sofa would have to be on a perpendicular wall. I don't mind laying down to watch TV and I rarely entertain so maybe not an issue? I plan on buying new furniture for this space and have a moderate budget ( no custom 5K sofas but not Ikea either).

For the windows I was thinking of simple roller shades on the large window with curtain panels on the sides. For the slider some type of easy to draw curtains as the door will be used regularly. Neither window needs black out just light filtering.

I have attached a few pictures so you can see the blank slate that I am dealing with. I look forward to hearing all your ideas!

Comments (8)