SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fillymora

Hello from FL! Progress pics of my DAs

filly_z8bFL
6 years ago

been awhile since I posted. I missed the whole spring show of my garden since I was in Iowa visiting family for a few months and my neighbor told me it was nice. Oh well. There's always next spring. My roses are all on a kinda recovery program bc when I was gone for 3 months they did not get fed regularly or any care so when I came home it looked like a jungle full of blackspot.

Fertilizing regime since I've been back has been:

blood meal for nitrogen

sulfate of potash, banana peels for potassium

dr earth organic rose food

neptunes fish and seaweed

i don't spray so the leaves have some BS and I got some common garden pests lurking like spider mites, aphids, leafhoppers and aphids but I found that last year when my plants were healthier they warded off pests and disease.

Here are some progress photos of my roses. I tried to take whole bush photos to see the form of the plants since some fan out while others mound. If there were blooms I tried to get a picture of them too. Excuse the weeds and mess it's been in the 90's here with really high UV index and humidity so I haven't been out there unless early in the morning. It's 85 degrees by 9 AM here... oh straw you will be proud though I did put some bobs red mill whole grain corn meal on them this morning! Lol.

HERITAGE (3 plants in a triangle look like 1 big bush)

GOLDEN CELEBRATION (trying to make it climb)

JAMES GALWAY

From L to R: LICHFIELD ANGEL, ABRAHAM DARBY, CARDING MILL, JUDE THE OBSCURE

Here's shot of Abraham Darby since he's blooming

Of particular, I do need some help with Carding Mill. I think I put too much dolomitic lime on it and it's been declining. And this is year two for this plant and it's been sloooooooow to take off. Any thoughts on how to recover this one?

Comments (7)