SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
littlegreeny

Tide Sport Febreze Active Fresh HE Turbo

littlegreeny
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I bought this to try on my mom's laundry. My initial impressions were that it had a nice strong and sweet herbal perfume and it's thicker than other Tide formulas. Performance wise, it did a fabulous job deodorizing her smelly laundry (she's somewhat incontinent). It also did a great job removing stains without pretreating. Washing in hot (~130F), both loads had minimal suds with just a little "happy trial" on the glass. Rinsing wasn't as good as other Tide HE Turbo formulas as there were still a few bubbles in the third rinse. In the dryer, I used a Snuggle Blue Sparkle dryer sheet and the finished laundry had a wonderful light and crisp but slightly sweet herbal finish that was quite delicious.

Comments (40)

• georgect
    6 years ago

Little G... I laughed when I read about the "happy trail" of bubbles.

littlegreeny thanked georgect
  • larsi_gw
    6 years ago

Happy trail made me smile :)

I am always curious about this for all my workout wear. In the bottle the smell is so STRONG and kind of sweet, very synthetic and the liquid is VERY thick and actually opaque!

You have sparked my interest!!!

littlegreeny thanked larsi_gw
  • Related Discussions

Tide Original Pods now "he turbo"

Q

Comments (5)
    Unicorn on an April glitter day!!! Too funny :) Sadly I'm too traumatized to try the pods again. So many clothes came out of the dryer, with the clear pod fused to fabrics!!! I am liking the he turbo though. No suds to worry about. Makes me think of the vintage tide ads. If I remember correctly it was something like "just wash wring, and done!! No Rinsing!!!" Hmm...I'm gonna google it. Such advertising makes me shocked!!!! The thought of not rinsing out detergent? Maybe it cut down on the need for starch? lol
    ...See More

Current Tide with a Touch of April Fresh Downy HE turbo powder

Q

Comments (18)
    Yes, Tide Total Care (now renamed something with Color). Kind of awful in the bottle, but much better after washing and either machine or air drying! We ALL have hundreds of reasons to fear P&G and their scents!!! I smelled April Fresh Downy liquid yesterday at Target, and I cannot believe that it still smells like musty, old lady perfume. How, How could this be April Fresh? I mean, even the gross, sweet tart candy scent from a few years ago was better than today's version. It now smells NOTHING like April Fresh. Sad!!!
    ...See More

Tide Pods

Q

Comments (51)
    I decided when the boys were babies how they were going to play and it wasn't with video games...Tims the oldest 8&1/2 he doesn't have a cell phone..he does have video games, of course, after all its the age of computers, but he's limited on video time as he is with TV...the boys have learned to use their imagination, in the summer hubs often brings home large appliance boxes which they use for club houses, forts, grocery stores ect..hubs helps them cut out windows and doors and I've been known to hang fabric valances lol..they also play baseball and tag, all the fun kid stuff before computers took over our kids. This winter they have had great fun with blankets over the indoor pop-up clothesline fast and easy fort..last week I brought in 5 rocks about the size of footballs and scrubbed them, I rolled out a 5×6 green grass carpet I found at Lowes for 8 bucks and I gathered up sticks and evergreen branches..right on the floor in the family room they rolled out the rug, on top they placed the rocks and branches and dug out all their little plastic zoo animals. .for a week they have played Pittsburgh Zoo...lol...a few weeks ago they set up a booth using a long fold up table and a play cash register..they raided my food pantry and played shopping at Walmart. Kids I think will still play like days gone by they just need taught to do it. But we all lead busy lives and for many families there's just not the time, there were more parents that worked the home..today most families have 2 working parents and time is limited.
    ...See More

Tide PurClean

Q

Comments (63)
    Thanks for sharing Whirlpool. I'm glad someone finally did a comparison. So they said Seventh Generation was comparable to conventional detergents...Which ones? How much worse than tide was it? The other thing I found interesting in reading reviews of Mrs. Meyer's on Amazon, many complained about it causing a funky aroma on their laundry after a period of time. That has also happened to me with green detergents. I wonder if the plant-based surfactants build up and start to decay?
    ...See More
  • mamapinky0
    6 years ago

LMBO@ sparked Larsi's interest as if that's hard to do with laundry products Haha.

I haven't tried it.

littlegreeny thanked mamapinky0
  • Rault85
    6 years ago

I've used this recently at my moms.... I'm not sure if it's her washer or the detergent itself but whatever I wash with this particular detergent stinks! Clothes don't come out clean and even after 4 rinses the scent is just too much. I just used a towel and some socks washed in this and my hands had the scent on them and it was still strong. I'm not a fan :-(

I've rewashed several things and only the tide w/bleach powder could get it out with an overnight soak and 2 wash cycles.

littlegreeny thanked Rault85
  • littlegreeny
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Andi, I'm sure it all depends on the washer and cycle used. I didn't find the scent overwhelming. Persil 2in1 leaves a much stronger scent on her laundry than the Tide Sport.

• miami mami
    6 years ago

Greeny you have such a way w words how could we not have sparked an interest ?

littlegreeny thanked miami mami
  • larsi_gw
    6 years ago

@Greeny...

Ok, so I bought this and just used it. You are right, it is GOOD!!! Scent after rinsing is, THANK G-D, nothing like it is, while in the bottle!! LOL

And I really must give props to P&G, since most of their laundry products are a hot mess.....Tide he turbo liquids are so low sudsing and super easy and clear rinsing!!

I will use this for my workout wear and our son's school & camp clothes. A very good performer.

50ml was the perfect amt. for my machine. Some suds during the wash portion (but in control the entire time and suds collapsed easily). 3 CLEAR rinses!! I mean rinse 1 was great!!

• littlegreeny
    Original Author
    6 years ago

larsi, I've been patiently waiting for you to try this! I'm SO glad you like it. I was a little worried because of your discerning taste. I'll try using a bit less and see if I can get the three clear rinses too.

And I agree P&G did a fabulous job with their he turbo formulas. I'm much happier with them than with Henkel's USA Persil formulas.

• larsi_gw
    6 years ago

Totally! Current P&G he turbo liquids are so, so much better than anything Henkel/Dial for the US market.

It's funny though, current P&G he turbo powders are way sudsier than old, non-he P&G powders. I cannot use any current P&G powders. They are so sudsy and just will not rinse. I cannot figure out why!!

Thanks for posting about this Sport Tide. Due to the awful smell in the bottle, I would have never tried it!! Good find!!

• kpyeatt
    6 years ago

I wondered why I couldn't find my Tide Stain Release Boost febreeze Sport pods. LOVE the smell of those things. Looks like it's in liquid form now. Good to know.

• Jerrod
    6 years ago

So why is Tide making a detergent for sports wear and including a heavy fragrance? To me the fragrance does nothing but cover up the odor. I understand the problems with incontinence, but a sports wash should be able to remove odors without covering up and leaving it own scent.

Perhaps this is what some people at my gym are using. You can smell the sweetness as soon as they hit the floor and then comes 46 minutes of me trying to avoid them by running to the other side of the gym or going to the next floor. Really discussed with P&G and their febreze products and don't get me started on their horrible squirt bottle. You can't squirt without large blobs of the liquid dropping all over.

Just make a product that removes odors and leaves no after scent. Then I will believe in their chemistry excellence.

littlegreeny thanked Jerrod
  • dadoes
    6 years ago

Strong detergent and softener scents (softener now is much more about the scent than the softening) is required to cover odors remaining due to cold water and dumbed-down-warm washing that has become the norm nowadays. Everything from sheets to towels to underwear to jeans and work-out wear is labeled "Cold Wash" and people blindly follow the directions because OMG my clothes will shrink and fade .... nevermind that dryers typically heat to 150°F.

littlegreeny thanked dadoes
  • Jerrod
    6 years ago

That's a very good point. I think the labels all say cold water because it saves the manufacturer the cost of having different labels, plus depending on the country of origin it may been easier to slap one label on everything than worry if people can read English and understand the words cold, warm and hot.

• mamapinky0
    6 years ago

Jerrod, Exactly. Perfumed cover ups. There's absolutly no other reason this sports wash is so heavily scented except to cover up odors. I would challange P&G to make the same sport wash in unscented. I wonder what the outcome would be. I also wonder how anyone really knows the odors were removed when all one can smell is perfume. I would want to know simply because odors in sport clothes are caused from bacteria growing in body fluids.

• littlegreeny
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Yes, the sport wash is heavily perfumed but it doesn't leave that strong of a scent on finished laundry. Persil is much much stronger than the Tide Sport on finished laundry.

If you are looking for unscented odor removal, The Sweet Home dot com said Tide Ultra Stain Release Free does a wonderful job removing odors from laundry.

• julieboulangerie
    6 years ago

I actually think the Tide Ultra Stain Release Free does a better job than the Tide Sport.

littlegreeny thanked julieboulangerie
  • mamapinky0
    6 years ago

I have Tide Coldwater liquid unscented, and no you all know I'm not using cold water lol, but it does a fab job on just about anything. If this stuff was to be had in the US I very well might chuck all of my detergents for it its that good. I don't think its sold outside of Canada though. I did find some at Ollies warehouse and I'm hoarding it for when tragedy strikes...like banana banana stains haha

• kpyeatt
    6 years ago

I LOVE smell of the Febreeze Sport pods (which are hard to find anymore) so I'll be buying the liquid detergent. My work out clothes never smell (and yes, I do work out ... just not a "smelly" person) so no worries for me about this just covering up odors. So no worries for me here in this department. Off to Target!

littlegreeny thanked kpyeatt
  • Jeannie Cochell
    6 years ago

Got a bottle a month ago. Scent makes me gag. Nasty, long-wearing fragrance that doesn't come out, wear out, nor overpowered with sweat. I don't mind over-powering fragrance - I just want it to be a fragrance I like, you know? Coffee, money, bacon, popcorn, Chanel...

littlegreeny thanked Jeannie Cochell
  • mamapinky0
    6 years ago

If you use it often enough you won't smell it anymore lol.

• beaglenc
    6 years ago

Jeannie you are a hoot! I like the way you think, let's add a mocha to that fragrance!

littlegreeny thanked beaglenc
  • kpyeatt
    6 years ago

Well nevermind. I just smelled the liquid Sports Febreeze Tide. UGH. Smells nothing like the booster pods. I'll pass on the liquid.

• Jerrod
    6 years ago

Wouldn't it be great if a mainstream company made a detergent or fabric softener that actually smelled as good as perfume, or for me, a man's cologne.

Last year while I was shopping a woman stopped me in the middle of the store and asked me what cologne I was wearing. I had to stop and think about that one. I finally remembered that it was Chanel for men.

Probably not going to get that from laundry products but we can always ask.

Last week I sent Henkel a note suggesting that they make a new scent for Persil. My suggestion was lemon verbena. They replied to me saying they would forward my suggestion to the product development team. We will see. Previously I asked them to reduce the suds and improve the rinsing and that has been done in the 10 demensions formula.

I am tired if smelling cheap perfume with scent names like jasmine and water Lilly, although I guess that plant grows in a swamp.

We need a good smelling scent that is neutral enough so both men and women like it and can wear it without people trying to flee from you because of it, and one that does not last two months.

• larsi_gw
    6 years ago

We used to have the BEST smelling laundry detergent in the world. Tide Original Scent powder. It officially changed to the current, god awful sweet smell in Jan. 2014.

It was soft, clean, not offensive and the scent lasted but not for weeks!

• littlegreeny
    Original Author
    6 years ago

kpyeatt, sorry I never smelled the booster pods. The scent of the sport liquid is strong in the bottle but mellows out on finished laundry. I actually like the scent in the bottle, that's why I decided to try it.

Jerrod, have you tried Cheer powder? It has a nice, soft and somewhat herbal masculine scent. Or you could try Hero brand. It's at my local Target. It's nice and masculine in the bottle. I can't comment on its performance or scent on finished laundry.

• kpyeatt
    6 years ago

No worries littlegreeny. Everyone's nose is different. Now I do agree with you about Cheer. Lovely.

• larsi_gw
    6 years ago

Cheer and Hero detergents smell WONDERFUL. I can however run 15 rinses, and the foam and suds are still 1/2 way up the glass with both of them!!! :-O

• Jerrod
    6 years ago

I use a detergent named Sweatx for all of my gym clothes and even ploy shirts and shorts. A little foamy in a cold water wash, but rinses well. Removes body sweat odors, dirt and grass stains and no scent left in the items. This is important because I let all of these items hang dry.

• mamapinky0
    6 years ago

You use cold water for gym clothes?

• larsi_gw
    6 years ago

Jerrod....even with using a special wash for gym clothes...cold water will NOT, NOT, NOT shift body oils or actually remove body odors from the fibers.

You MUST use warm or very warm.

Now, before you respond, I know you will not believe this and will confront me, LOL, but cold water will NOT work ;) Sorry!

• Jerrod
    6 years ago

LOL, its ok, I will believe what you say. Now I'll confront you :) I only wash my poly and gym clothes in cold water and.. well my stuff don't stink after it is washed even if the body oils aren't shifted.

One thing though is that I shower or wash off before going to the gym or riding my bike so maybe there is less to deal with in the beginning. I do this to avoid annoying people near me at the gym..so am going into it with a somewhat clean body or at least um..clean body areas.

Maybe try the Sweatx detergent and see how it works for you.

• Jerrod
    6 years ago

This is what the bottle looks like, and ignore the slanted electric socket. For some reason this one repeatly works loose after a few months of me fixing it.

• mamapinky0
    6 years ago

Think about dishwashers using cold water, even the best detergent won't get the oils/grease off. And dishwasher detergent is much much more alkaline..it has to be to deal with oils.

Body sweat/oils develope odors as the bacteria grows no way to avoid body secreations...I say if you don't smell them great, but someone else might. My cousin has one of the most beautiful and clean homes I've ever seen, but passing her bedroom to the bath I can smell her bedding they reek of old body oils yet she only fresh and clean sheets.

• recordaras
    6 years ago

I'm going to give a bit of support to Jerrod here, I switched from Warm to Cold (86F) for athletic gear several months back and haven't seen a difference. I use Biokleen Sport and Charlie's in the prewash - Charlie's deodorizes really well for me. My husband and I run at least 3x a week and bike when we can, so the clothes are quite dirty when they go in, but Cold really has not been an issue.

littlegreeny thanked recordaras
  • Jerrod
    6 years ago

I totally agree that cold water won't work in a DW and I don't use it in any other washer loads except this one. Cold on my machine is 65F, and if I use the delicate cycle I can use 85F.

The one thing this detergent is advertised to do is to remove 99% of bacteria, so maybe it really does, I don't know. The detergent doesn't say anything about what temperature to use, but at $55 per gym shirt at one per day, $89 for cycling shirts with rear pockets, and $112 for bike shorts with gel padding and charcoal, I figure I will wash them as the manufacturer recommends.

I ruined one shirt in the dryer even though I was told not to tumble dry them, and after that I began hanging them as directed. So heat doesn't seem to be too good for this material.

• Alex Chicago
    6 years ago

If it's working for you -- and I suspect your nose would tell you if it weren't -- probably safe to keep doing as you are.

Cyclist here. I go through 4-6 full kits per week (bib shorts and jersey top, similar $$ investments you mention above). My routine is to wash them at 105F and hang dry. My theory has always been that if the the lycra and chamois can handle being squished between my burning butt and the saddle for 60-80 miles at nearing 100F body temps, a 45 minute wash at 105F is no worse for the wear. YMMV. Happy riding and washing!

littlegreeny thanked Alex Chicago
  • mamapinky0
    6 years ago

Yes Alex that's it..gym clothes can take all the heat from the body so it should at least be able to take a nice warm bath considering the biggest soil in clothing is body fluids.

Jarrod if it works for you dear that's all that matters.

• larsi_gw
    6 years ago

1000% agree with Alex. The bulk of my clothes, and the most expensive, are my workout wear...or as I just call them, my work clothes :)

I teach HARD group Fitness classes 6 days a week! I have A LOT of workout wear to wash each week.

105F is my fav too. I would never, never, never, never wash them in cold or cool!!

@Jerrod...if your workout clothes, or any clothes for that matter can be on your body, and our bodies are roughly 99F....WHY do the same clothes need to be washed with cold water?? If workout wear was so delicate and weak, they could not handle our body heat. Just, please, consider and think about this ;)

When I gave this same speech to the people at Lululemon...they could not counter my points. They were dumbfounded. Touchdown, Larsi!! :)

• Alex Chicago
    6 years ago

Valid points.

littlegreeny thanked Alex Chicago