SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_593426

HELP! Can't choose between BM Quiet Moments and SW Sea Salt!

Jennifer B
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I'm 7 months pregnant and desperately trying to get our new home decorated (nesting). I've made my husband repaint the living room twice and I'm still not happy with the paint color. Our last place was SW sea salt and I loved it! It looked very blue with the lighting we had. I actually didn't even know it was supposed to be more of a green. Our new place has a lot of lighting, including recessed lighting in the living room. To be safe, and less on the green side, I chose BM Quiet Moments. It looks nice and blue gray (what I'm going for) in our dining room but in the living room it's a bright turquoise/aqua color. I tried to lighten in by 50 percent but I've been staring at these colors for so long that I can't even tell. I'm worried the QM at 50% intensity will be too "baby blue" or sky blue. Has anyone else had this experience, where QM looked bright aqua? Also, if you've lightened it, please post pics or tell me how it affected the color. I'm worried it took the gray/green out and looks like a bright sky blue now. I'm considering just painting it all sea salt like our last house but I've heard that sea salt and quiet moments are very similar. I'm worried the lighting will mess with sea salt too. Any advice is appreciated!

I attached a picture to show the brightness of quiet moments (regular intensity, not lightened) in my living room. Excuse the mess. We haven't settled on the color so everything is still in the middle of the room.

Comments (17)