SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ann_fraley

Did I see a mocassin?

Ann Fraley
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Wish I had a photo but you know how snake sightings go. Anyway, we just got a pop-up thunderstorm and my son and I were standing in the doorway, trying to convince our cat to come in from under the truck and watching the rain when a very large black snake emerged from the flowerbed right in front of our porch. It was pretty fat in the middle, tapering sharply to the tail. I did not see the head. It traveled quickly, with that sidewinding motion. I am asking because we have two fish ponds right in the vicinity and our garage is right there, too. We have lots of flowerbeds that we work in quite a bit, in front of the house. Do I need to be worried about this snake? I have heard that they prefer larger bodies of water over small garden ponds, but it was here for a reason. I am freaked out, thinking of the hours we spent in that very flower bed, just yesterday and we are in the garage quite a bit. My husband always has a project going and his gym equipment is in there. too. We live in the Houston area.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction