SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
steve_mass

Mocassin Landing

Mocassin Landing writes:

"I stopped in the middle of typing this to go to the garden, it was the magic hour. I walk the garden at twilight with the solar stakes under my arm rearranging them for the proper effect. The garden seems to tell me when it is right. What happens is almost a geometric precision emerges, the stones in threes, the lights in threes, the path leads on, the way lights are not against the fence it makes the fence disappear as it darkens, and of course, everything beyond that fence disappears with it. There is my very own infinity, limitless space to explore, lighted by twinkling fireflies back in force tonight, Sort of appropriate that you enter my garden by the Stargate, and you walk the Moon Walk. The garden is enclosed on the long sides, by a white stucco block of a building, the Teahouse, and on the other by the fragrant green living wall of star jasmine, buffering not only views but sounds of the outside worlds. Time drops away, and that is when magic happens. Paradise becomes this moment."

One of the best things I've ever read on this forum. Beautiful poetry. What a wonderful creation you have made, BJ. As Ken would say "God's work."

Can you show us your garden at twilight?

Steve

Comments (24)