SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cliftonite82

Builder options -- Worth it?

Jay Walsh
6 years ago

We finally got our interior option pricing from our builder and meet them later this week. We were wondering if the following were worth it. The things that we are definitely going to do:

• Cast iron tub in the jack and jill bathroom ( Kohler Villager K715 for $950)
  • Kohler Round Watertile K8014 (4 of them) 1,700
  • Kohler Rain shower panel K98740 $1400
  • Cabinet upgrades ~7k
  • Chrome Tub Enclosure (clear/obscure, which one would you guys recommend) $950
  • Attic Fan $600
  • Moen soap dispenser $225
  • Looks like the builder offers a ton of tile upgrade and this is something we dont want to skimp out on. Would cost around 13k to upgrade all tile in the house to the highest level that they offer. Will see the colors/choices on Thursday.

Not sure about (have to see it in person):

• Tustin, Lido and Lisbnon Lever door handles (interior of standard home + entry smart key) $1,950
  • Belleview Handleset $350 Tavaris Handleset $450 Chelsea Handleset $400
  • Undermount sink(are these worth it, its per sink): Kohler Verticyl K2882 $350 Kohler Bancroft K2319 $500
  • Interior door ( Carrara ) $1k, will do if it is solid core.
  • Granite upgrade 1 granite standard edge $2,450
  • Granite upgrade 2 granite standard edge $3,990
  • Granite ogee edge $1,590
  • Upgrade the hardwood floor in kitchen and foyer to 5" plank (standard is 2.25) this is 5k. Will have someone else put in wood everywhere else (i will get the brand he is using and buy that to match).
  • Insulation(need to find out more details about the type, etc):
  • Sound walls for Master Suite $690
  • Sound Ceilings for 1st floor ceilings $2,175
  • Bathroom & Laundry room walls $1,250
  • 2 Car garage insulation $1,695

Skipping:

• Kitchen/bath fixture upgrades (they are all upgrades to kohler)
  • Stairs (he wants 6k for metal balusters, will get standard and install metal ones by myself)
  • Full Oak Stairs (treads & risers) This is a 5k option. Standard is Oak treads and pine risers. How can this be worth this much?
  • Toilet upgrades (going to get an outlet by each one and upgrade to bidet at a later time) but these are the options:
  • Sterling Stinson 402076 $240
  • Kohler Wellworth K3998 $300
  • Kohler Devonshire $460
  • Kohler Santa Rosa K3811 $550
  • Kohler Archer K3639 $695
  • Kohler elongated Bidet seat w/ remote $1,690
  • Closet shelving 4k
  • Hardwood $17 per sq ft for 5" oak and $29 per sq ft for 5" maple

Frameless Master Bath (48"X48") 3400

Shower looks like this: http://imgur.com/a/OaXJN

Should I take the standard shower and get it done later? For 3400 can't we get something that has the showerguard coating built in?

We have two other showers (3X3 only one side would be the glass) and another shower upstairs that I want to be framless as well. Have to get pricing on this to see how much it will end up being)

Laundry Sink $1100 Unless made of a rare earth metal, am going to decline this.

Comments (48)