SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kell765

I can't seem to grow anything. Why?

K S
6 years ago

Everything I try to grow seems to die of bugs or disease! Well, not everything. The roses are doing well. The amaryllis blooms. I thought I had "the knack" but am starting to question that.

The parseley, which has been growing like crazy, has gotten light and the texture is weird. Some kind of fungus probably.

I tried growing veggies in the containers on the porch, but encountered buggy soil and had to start over numerous times. The current porch soil isn't buggy but nothing sprouted in it. Not the scallions seeds. Not the cilantro. It's supposed to be good soil so maybe it's just me.

Now the basil (on the porch) has suddenly turned black and is dying.

The cyclamens look like they didn't make it to the end of the marathon.

My beautiful pink bouganvillas outside are infested with some kind of blackish beetle in the roots. (Still growing though).

My vinca got a disease where it yellowed and died - but I pulled it out and it came back so that's good.

My majesty palm keeps getting brown leaves. I think maybe he doesn't like full sun.

Just killed a Japanese boxwood. His brothers are fine on the other side of the house though.

Two years ago nematodes ate my tomatoes.

Lettuce? Not happening no matter how many times I try.

Sago palm? Scale city.

Suggestions on how to be a better gardener welcome. And I don't want to spray any kind of toxic stuff in the garden and esp. on edibles.

Thx =/

Comments (14)